It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2005, 09:57 PM   #1
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User
CIN1 considered pre-cancer?

Ok, I am confused...Like I am not already depressed about enough stuff last night I was doing some reading and now am totally confused. I was diagnosed with cervical dysplasia/CIN1 and its still at that point. I remember my doc saying don't worry its not cancer and then I remember doing some of my own research and I thought I read that its cervical dysplasia, CIN 1, CIN 2, and CIN 3, then pre cancer and then cancer in that order. Well, in reading last night it stated that CIN 1 CIN 2 and CIN 3 are precancer? SO is what I have pre cancer? The doc really hasnt said all that much and I always have questions to ask but always feel so rushed (and was even told one time he didnt have time to talk to me) that I forget what I want to ask...Can someone please clear this up for me...

(Edited for spelling)

Last edited by MissAmethyst2U; 07-25-2005 at 09:58 PM.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:27 AM   #2

lobo1977 HB User
Re: CIN1 considered pre-cancer?

its a percentage, like 10-20 percent of the cells are abnormal in cin1, 30 to 40 in cin2, and so on (those are just random numbers, but something like that)

cin 1 is very low and can sometimes go away by itself. generally you dont treat that, just monitor it closely and sometimes cryo will remove the small amounts. but you need to get frequent paps to make sure it doesn't advance, and if it does, treat it earlier while its easier to clear.

No big deal, i had cin3 and just got my followup pap/biopsy clear after my treatment, even at advanced stages it can be totally taken care of. just monitor closely and dont skip appointments

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-26-2005, 01:30 PM   #3
(male)

Fairchild58 HB User

cervical dysplasia of any degree CIN 1-2-3 is a PRE-cancerous condition. Treatment options are available and very successful for all stages.

Old 07-26-2005, 02:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I had CIN 3 over 20 yrs ago and had cryosurgery and haven't had a problem since.

ask you doc about cryosurgery, it's painless and quick!!

Don't worry!

Old 07-26-2005, 02:54 PM   #5
(female)

MissAmethyst2U HB User

Ty all three of you for your responses. Doc is really pushing cryosurgery, I have been opting not to have it done as I have been told that it can be very painful and I knwo the recovery takes a while as far as having a lot of discharge and all for a while. I have had a couple miscarriages and probs in that department and have just had a lot of female issues and the last thing I had done was the biopsies/colpo and omg that hurt me soooo bad. I hurt for two days afterwards with cramps. I took motrin beforehand but it didnt help much. I am just sooo scared of pain and just in general sick and tired of it seems ppl are always 'up in there' sry I am also battling a bad bout of depression and kinda in the I dont care about much phase I do knwo that I should have the cryo as that this is a TON easier than dealing with Cancer. I know there are only a like 1% chance or something of something happening to interfere with fertility but with my luck I am terrified of that. I am soooo scared I wont ever be able to have kids. If the doctor told me tomorrow I could never have kids I wouldnt want to live simple as that. My parents know this as do some of my friends but nobody has been through this in my family before and nobody seems to understand or really care about how i feel about all this. I have a ton of other medical problems to go along with this and am just of there always being something wrong and more tests and meds and procedures. Don't get me wrong I am lucky to only have the things as I do as I could have it 10x worse but if anyone has suffered with depression then maybe you understand where I am coming from...

Last edited by MissAmethyst2U; 07-26-2005 at 02:55 PM.

Old 07-27-2005, 06:08 PM   #6
(female)

shera4 HB User

CIN doesn't necessarily mean cancer. It can progress into cancer, but more often it reverts back to normal. I know that when the word cancer is mentioned, its a scary thing and you automatically think that the worst thing will happen to you. The best thing you can do is to keep monitoring it closely, ask your doctor questions (don't let them rush you out), do some of your own research and BE HEALTHY. Stress and an unhealthy lifestyle can only worsen the situation.

Old 07-27-2005, 09:08 PM   #7

lobo1977 HB User

I have never heard of cryo for cin3 - its generally for cin1-2, the less severe stage. I had it done in 2002, and in 2004 I was back to cin 2 again. It was NOT painful at all - just some light cramping, my biopsies were worse actually. It took about 15 minutes and I was walking out the door 10 minutes after they were done, NO pain at all.

But I do hear a lot of women saying it came back after cryo - so you do need to monitor it very closely. I wouldnt have any other procedure though if you're only at cin1-2.

good luck!

Closed Thread