It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 04:05 PM   #1

robles00 HB User
carcinoma in situ

My story goes like this in 2000 I was diagnosed with hpv my doctor then proceeded to do a coloscopy which came back mild dysplasia but he had removed all that was there. So, I have been going back every six months since then, and my pap smears have all came back normal until the the last one I had in June05. My papsmear came back abnormal with severe dysplasia. He decided then to do a coloscopy and that came back severe dysplasia/carcinoma in situ. On july 12 I had surgery (leep) and now I'm waiting on my results. I was told that I had cancer on the surface of my cervix, in order to know if its gone deeper into my tissue he had to do a leep.
Can anyone relate to my experience if so please respond to me. I"m so afraid that my biopsy is going to come back with bad news.

robles00

Old 08-18-2005, 04:10 PM   #2

robles00 HB User
Re: carcinoma in situ

Quote:
Originally Posted by robles00
My story goes like this in 2000 I was diagnosed with hpv my doctor then proceeded to do a coloscopy which came back mild dysplasia but he had removed all that was there. So, I have been going back every six months since then, and my pap smears have all came back normal until the the last one I had in June05. My papsmear came back abnormal with severe dysplasia. He decided then to do a coloscopy and that came back severe dysplasia/carcinoma in situ. On july 12 I had surgery (leep) and now I'm waiting on my results. I was told that I had cancer on the surface of my cervix, in order to know if its gone deeper into my tissue he had to do a leep.
Can anyone relate to my experience if so please respond to me. I"m so afraid that my biopsy is going to come back with bad news.

robles00

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2005, 05:49 AM   #3
(female)

kscb30 HB User

Although my situation is somewhat similar in that I had CIN I mild dyplasia removed a few years ago, and the doctor said he probably got it all with biopsy, I continued to have paps every six months and in June 05 found out I had a CIN III Polyp and then had LEEP done. The difference with my story is that my LEEP came back CIN I and they got it all. I guess the point I am getting at is there is supposed to be such a slow progression to cancer how does one go from a good pap and then 6 months later to CIN III or even worse Carcinoma in situ - good luck with everything.
Since my LEEP I have done a lot of reading on vitamins and minerals in particular a supplement called I3C - it seems to promising on reversing cervical dysplasia - I am trying it out for 12 weeks.
I wish there was a solution to this I hate the dreaded pap smears because you never know when one is going to abnormal and then you start the whole worrying process all over again!

Old 08-19-2005, 05:42 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ladivapr02 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscb30
how does one go from a good pap and then 6 months later to CIN III or even worse Carcinoma in situ
Yeah this is alarming! This is what is scaring me.

Old 08-22-2005, 07:05 PM   #5
(female)

jclmd HB User

I know what you're going through. I found out in 2002 thati had hpv, and i've had 1 LEEP so far. My pap was normal subsequent to that. The nurse said to try folate supplements, since it prevents abonrmal cell proliferation in the fetus, it can supposedly help us. I take multivitamins and try to eat as healthy as i can. We'll see what the future has in store. I was devastated when i heard i was infected, because contrary to what you read in medical books, i am not promiscuous and am not a prostitute. That goes to show...I am actually a professional in the medical field. And some of my classmates have herpes, and God knows what else...
Hang in there, and try to be positive.

Old 08-31-2005, 03:18 AM   #6
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

To my knowledge, cin 3 and carcinoma in situ are the same.

The "line" between identifying cin 2 or 3 (in situ) is extremely fine. Meaning, it boils down to who interprets "it".

Since you "caught" "it" early-I do say, personaly I wouldn't be worried too much. Do keep up with your doc's appointment and your diet, stress level ect.

I had cin3 (in situ). Removed by leep/cone biopsy a few months ago. My stupidity was that it was only my second smear (how it came to the leep last dec.), in my life. First one in grade 9 high school. I'm now 30 yrs old. I didn't know the importance of the pap smear.

Point-how slow, how fast it progresses depends on alot of factors, from one women to the next, extremely different. How they "rate" the tissue being analyzed is also seemingly quite different from one "microscope" (for a lack of better word) to another. BIG point is-if you follow up with your doc's recommendation about how often YOU should get a smear performed, you won't die from this.

Hope this brings comfort.

Old 09-12-2005, 02:04 PM   #7
(female)

IwishIwereaman HB User

can you tell me about that IC3 and where to get it.. i cannot find anything online regarding it thanks

Old 09-23-2005, 12:10 AM   #8

austin4 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IwishIwereaman
can you tell me about that IC3 and where to get it.. i cannot find anything online regarding it thanks

I just noticed that this was posted in August; did you get the information you needed? It stands for Indole-3-Carbinol. I'm taking it for AGUS dysplasia and won't know for awhile if it works...the studies are promising. I'm also doing a major immune system boost with vitamins and herbs. I'm hoping to see regression but in the meantime I feel great with all this good stuff in my system..I feel like I'm giving myself something to fight back with. Good luck.

Closed Thread