It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 07:42 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Lvnglf

How are you doing? Have you had your first follow up yet? Hope it's going well - sounds like you're pretty laid back anyway. Just wanted to say hi.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2005, 10:49 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Lvnglf

I remember you, and have kept up with you.

I've been preoccupied with that broken ankle, sounds like they have to go back in, take screws out, re-brake the bone, then re-srew it all back together.

but, (sorry-had to vent,,,,,i just got that news today,,,GRRRRRRRRRRRR I see a malpractice lawsuit) .

No haven't had a smear yet after my leep. Tell you the truth, i'm not really planning on going. They took "it" out. I'm....i've,,,,from my past....I cry,,,,don't act "grown up" when it comes to this. They took the cin3 cells out, i'm happy. I'm ,,,I did seek counseling for ,,,,past/reason for crying but it didn't work out. wa, wa, cry baby I am when it comes to my own self. Point is, they took it out, clear margin, i'm happy, now I have to fix this ankle that needs "re-fixing". One thing at a time I figure.

I ain't good,,,,at all. But,,,,could be alot worst.

So, I consider myself lucky.

I hope you don't regret asking .

I'm curious,,,,what, in your situation made you think of me? If I may ask. To which, I am, (how would I say this -i'm french speaking-blessed that someone cares.

For those who read-after your procedure to "fix" your grade of displasia,,,,PLEASE follow through, don't be stubborn!!!! You need those follow ups!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

OMG so sorry to hear about the ankle - that is horrible! And no, I'm not sorry for asking how you're doing

I know what you mean about not wanting to go for the follow ups. My first one was clear, the second showed high grade changes, but they couldn't find anything. It stressed me out to the maximum. I actually just went ahead and had a hysterectomy at the beginning of Sept. It is something I felt comfortable doing, and felt it was my best option for preventing a recurrence (even knowing it could appear elsewhere down there). I dreaded my follow ups, after each one, I told my hubby that I could really understand why women would choose not to go. That said, I urge you to at some point go get another check cause you just never know Maybe not at three months or even six months, but maybe a year?

I saw you posting again, and I remembered "chatting" with you awhile ago. Sometimes people out there just earn a place in my mind, and I really was wondering how you were doing. It is nice to run into gals that I've messaged with before, see if the situation has changed, hear the success stories, etc. I don't come here that much anymore, I belong to another group that is not so strict regarding contact. But I like to check in every once in awhile and lend a shoulder if I can.

I will keep you in my thoughts (seriously, I mean it when I say it...) and I really hope you get that ankle taken care of soon.

Karen

Old 09-21-2005, 04:25 PM   #4
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

I heart-felt thank you Karen.

I'm glad to hear you were ok with that decision of a hyst. I'm happy for you

Take care.

See you on the flip flop

Old 09-21-2005, 04:35 PM   #5
(female)

Lvnglf HB User