It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #1
(female)

jasiusmom HB User
Kinda freakin' out!!

Hi. I am 38 and about 4 months ago stopped getting the Depo Provera shot. For the first three months I had this constant feeling of fullness in my abdomen, like I needed to have a BM (sorry to be so graphic). Nothing relieved it. I went to the gyno who did exam and said she did not feel anything abnormal but suggested a sono for peace of mind. She told me people coming off of the depo can have a "full" feeling. Well... I never got the sono because my husband suddenly became very, very ill and debilitated and quite frankly with his illness and three small children I just did not have anything left over for taking care of myself. So.... about a month ago the fullness stopped and I felt normal other than extreme fatigue that I cannot kick. About four days ago I was halted by extreme cutting hot pain in my right lower abdomen. Basically where I envision an ovary to be. It kept "catching" off and on that entire day. Since then I have this dull achy off and on again pain there and upon laying down and pressing on the spot, it is sore and feels larger than the other side. Maybe I am finally ovulating again..or maybe a cyst...or worse. Any thoughts???? I am calling the doctor tomorrow!

Thanks to all and blessings for what everyone here is dealing with!!

Old 09-21-2005, 06:05 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Kinda freakin' out!!

I have absolutely no clue, but...

I'm glad to hear you're calling doc tomorrow.
I wish, I hope, your doc has a easy explanation, that it's nothing too serious.

My thoughts are with you.

Hey, when's the last time you treated yourself to a day spa?

God bless.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-26-2005, 10:51 AM   #3
(female)

cincbcat HB User
Re: Kinda freakin' out!!

I had my last Depo shot in April of this year, and I know exactly what you mean about having the full feeling. I can't even eat what I normally did because I get such a horrible full feeling. I have had similar lower abdomen pain, but I have yet to have a period after coming off the shot...so I'm not sure the exact cause of the pain. I hope it helps a little knowing you are not alone, but I haven't experience the extreme fatigue that you mentioned.

Closed Thread