It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-22-2005, 10:00 AM   #1
(female)

Thrad5446 HB User
Afraid I may have this...

I don't know for sure...but I figured I just needed to talk/vent somewhere since my doctors appointment isn't until the 30th.

I've had problems as long as I can remember...when I was 14 I was disagnosed with having cysts on both of my ovaries (PSOS). I was on birth control for hormones for most of my teenage life, rarely had a period, etc etc.

I've gone to the gyno almost every year, because I know that it's important too keep on top of things because I've always been told I have a high risk of cancer. Well it's been about 2 years since I've gone...no real excuse..been moving around the country and such, just never went in.

A couple weeks ago I thought I had a stomach flu/cold or something. Had some pain quite low in my abdomen. After about 4 days something just left wrong. The pain isn't terrible, but it is constant and almost always there. Then a few days after that, I began to bleed slightly. Since then nothing has changed....I feel tired, the dull pain is still there, still bleeding in very small light amounts. My body just doesn't feel right.

Earliest I could get in to the doctor was the end of the month, so I am trying to have patience while waiting. I've read online around what my symptoms could be and they point to ovarian cancer. At least I've read that, even though many people have no symptoms, that these could be some of them.

I'm young..23 years old...but I've had problems all my life with my ovaries/female system.

I don't want to worry anyone, so only my husband and I know right now. We want to wait and find out what happens first before we say anything to anyone.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2005, 03:51 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Afraid I may have this...

I'm sorry to hear you've been going through "this" since that early age.

I think it's a good idea, to wait for more information before telling. Unless, it's making you "crack" inside, in that case, i'd go ahead.

Dang waiting is worst than most "procedure/operations" ect, I find. From my experience, I found myself climbing the walls as I was doing too much of my own research. It controlled my life during those couple of months of my own "female thing". I say,,,you deserve, ,,,a spa day

Old 10-09-2005, 06:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB UserNY 1009 HB User
Re: Afraid I may have this...

Thradia,
I'm reading your post late.
you should have had your check up by now.
can you give us an update?
I really hope you are o.k and that they had a simple explanation for you.
maybe you have a hemorphagic cyst?
what did they find?
hope you come back to see this message.
sincerely,
Linda

Closed Thread