It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2005, 06:00 AM   #1
(female)

miloutte HB User
She told me she has 6 months-uterus/ovary cancer !

my mom had liquid in her lungs a couple weeks back so they took her in drained the liquid which was orangy and had stuff floating (not cancerous) anyway they found nothing the heart is fine they let her out and 1 week and a half she is back in lungs full again so they did a biopsy and took some samples of the lungs to analyse and drained her lungs again and they did a scan, from the biopsy they now say it s a TUMOUR preforably malignant
in the pelvis area or stomach...he said either uterus or ovary cancer.
This has spread (cells) to the lungs.

I have been told that if liquid is building up in lungs the tumour must have progressed (not be young)...and that for cases of uterus/ovary cancer this is one of the final stages...

I cracked yesterday...she feels she has no longer than 6 months...poor mummy i love her too much for her to go i want to get to know her more...

any ideas thoughts bad/good/ hopefull/or not welcome......
all my love
aimee.

Old 09-28-2005, 10:26 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: She told me she has 6 months-uterus/ovary cancer !

Hi aimee,

I am sorry to hear about your mom. Take care of you and try not to stress too much in front of her! She needs you now. You can let go when you are by yourself or after she is gone!!

The most that you can do right now is: Make sure she is not in pain, make sure she is comfortable, make sure that she has hospice care. Also, tell her you love her and talk to her a lot.

Be good to yourself and that will help you to help your mom. Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2005, 03:19 AM   #3
(female)

miloutte HB User

Oh i thank you sooo much for your kind words......
it s hard but i will try....i ve been thinking alot............xxxx

Old 09-30-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
(female)

lotta HB User

Aimee,

I feel for you. I lost my father to lung cancer 15 yrs ago. Just spend as much time as you can w/ her, open your heart and let her know how much you love her and how much she means to you.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Take care.

Old 09-30-2005, 04:12 PM   #5
(female)

lynnk HB User

Hi Aimee

My thoughts go out to you and your family, espc your mum. Time is precious so make sure you all spend time together as much as you can.

My mum died over 9 years ago, aged 48, of Ovarian Cancer which is a very hard thing to take even now as I still miss her at certain times.

As the others have said tell her how much you love her and just be there for her as much as you can and if she is scared or wants to cry then be with her.

I know its hard and you feel like a failure not being able to do anything but just being there is very important to you, your family and esp your mum.

Send her my very best wishes and love to you and family. Take care and be strong. May god be with you all and watch over you.

Lots of love
Lynnk

Old 10-03-2005, 03:34 AM   #6
(female)

miloutte HB User

I Thank you all from the bottom of my heart
thank you for being here for me

xxxxxx

Old 10-10-2005, 03:16 AM   #7
(female)

miloutte HB User

Oh thx so much
i hope every day that u will write to me to help me going through this tough time
and i want to thank you once more
you make it easier
x

Old 03-05-2006, 05:10 AM   #8
(female)

lynnk HB User

Miloutte

Sorry have not been in touch but i was recently diagonosed with breast cancer so have been a little out of touch with reality.

Anyway, how are things going with your mum and family? Please let me know as I am here for you.

Take care and god be with you
xxx

Closed Thread