It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2005, 08:47 PM   #1
(female)

lotta HB User
?? on Ovarian Cancer - Has anyone been diagnosed?

Hello all!

I'm new here and I would just like to say that everyone seems wonderful and very caring of others.

I was wondering if someone could help with some symptoms I've been having? I have endometriosis and starting feeling bad about 7 months ago. I didn't have insurance and figured my endo was just acting up and thought I could just deal w/ it. Well, the problems continued to get progressively worse. I decided to suck it up and get insurance. Went to the Dr. thinking she would just tell me that it was my endo, have another (3rd) laproscopy and be done w/ it. Well, the Dr. doesn't seem to think that it's endo and ordered some blood work and an ultrasound - which is scheduled for next week.

I realize now that alot of my symptoms are the same as Ovarian Cancer. I'm so bloated that I look like I'm 6 months pregnant, lower back ache, pelvic cramping (feels like my ovaries are burning) and cramping on my left side (feels like the same cramp you get when you're running), daily fatigue, nausea and the latest - my breasts have become tender & a burning sensation.

My question is...has anyone that has been diagnosed w/ Ovarian Cancer have any of these symptoms? I do not have any of the risk factors involved - can someone get this cancer w/out any of the risk factors? Any help would be extremely appreciated. Sometimes I feel like I'm just crazy, like no one understands and my family hasn't been much help. My sister told me today that I'm just depressed and need to go on some pill. Nice, huh?

Again, I would greatly appreciate any feedback and thanks for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2005, 09:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: ?? on Ovarian Cancer - Has anyone been diagnosed?

Hi Lotta,

I know that it is hard waiting to hear from your tests what exactly is wrong with you. Every time that I have a vaginal ultrasound, I worry!

As far as no family support, do what you think you need to for yourself!! Pay them no mind - as no one knows your body like you do. I am not scheduled to have another vaginal ultrasound when I go for my yearly exam. But, I am going to get my gyno to refer me to have one done! This will be my 5th. I am just scared of cervical/ovarian cancer - with all the things that have been written about that kind of cancer!!! And my first 4 were because I had Ovarian cysts.

You do not have to have any of the risks to get Ovarian Cancer. And sometimes you can have this type of cancer and not have any symptoms!

If you do not mind my asking, what did you have your laprascopies for? And what did they find or do? Research a lot on the internet about your symptoms and/or ovarian/cervical cancer before you go to have your ultrasound. And when you go back to get your results from the doctor, be sure and have a big list of ?s to ask.

Try not to worry too much. It could be cancer and it could be something much simpler and easier to fix!

Take care. Wannabe

Old 09-30-2005, 07:22 AM   #3
(female)

lotta HB User
Re: ?? on Ovarian Cancer - Has anyone been diagnosed?

Thank you for your reply. I had both laps for endometriosis. The last one was in '99 and for both they lasered off the endo.

I have done alot of research on Ovarian Cancer and I think that's why I'm so worried - sometimes the Internet can be a bad thing.

I have thought of ovarian cysts - may I ask what your symptoms have been? Are they anything like what I'm going through? I have also gained 30 pounds in the past 7 months and recently started peeing alot but have had no change to my bowels.

Thank you!

Closed Thread