It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 04:19 AM   #1
(female)

cm_rowley HB User
Problems post LEEP

I had my LEEP done on Aug. 30, 2005. Since we are military our options are limited on where I go for procedures and since our military hosp. has a colposcopy clinic and performs LEEPs weekly in office I was required to have the procedure completed there. The resident did the procedure as the attending stood by and commented. She completed the procedure and than realized a small area that would not stop bleeding. They tried the silver nitrate, pressure and more cauterization. I was sent home and told to take it easy. I was informed of all the possible things to occur after the LEEP, the smell, discharge, possible menstrual like bleeding, ect.... Well, since I had had my youngest son 4 months prior and not having a menstrual cycle due to breast feeding and being on the mini-pill, I thought the bleeding was normal. The bleeding continued for two weeks and did not change from bright red. I spoke with the Dr. they wanted to see me in the acute care clinic the next day. I went in to find that the Dr. had possibly nicked a vein. The Dr. re-did the silver nitrate and had another medication applied. The following day I was bleeding even heavier, I was sent in again. Only this time they re-did almost the entire LEEP procedure minus the biopsy part, I was recauterized and back in the surgical suite. I was told at that time since I am breast feeding I should not be bleeding at all, and I should report any bleeding at once. Needless to say I called back in one week later and demanded to be seen, after getting the brush off since I was still bleeding, I was told during that appt., that the bleeding was minimal and they were going to see how I am in two weeks, since they did not want to aggravate the site any further. Well, I am still bleeding bright red blood and I see no end to this nightmare. I have my four-week follow-up next week, which in reality is my six-week follow-up since the first procedure on Aug. 30th. If anyone else has gone through this bleeding ordeal please let me know I am not alone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 09:58 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Problems post LEEP

I'm sorry to hear about your own experience about all of this. I feel for you, big time.

I can't say I had simular situation, my leep went fantastic compared.

I still wanted to reply, just to say, i'll be thinking about you, and praying. Please keep us up to date ok.

Do you have a day spa around? You deserve one!

(HUG)

ps-how's your little one?
I sure do hope, you are healing well now.

Old 10-10-2005, 03:02 PM   #3
(female)

tpagm HB User
Re: Problems post LEEP

How are you feeling cm rowley-

I feel so horrible for you. I hope the bleeding has stopped. After my leep I did have the discharge and slight spotting. Whatever they did was incorrect and I would keep on top of them. I read a while back maybe a 10 months ago how a girl hemorrhaged after her leep and had to be rushed to the ER. From what I can remember I believe she went to the gym shortly after the LEEP and shouldn't have.
You are in my thoughts...and please let me know how you are feeling.

Good Luck

Closed Thread