It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2005, 08:34 AM   #1
(female)

delldrn HB User
Unhappy Cryo procedure

Hi I am new to the board. I had an abnormal pap smear in April (Unknown squamous cells). My doctor did another pap in July and it came back the same. I just recently had a coloscopy after the procedure he said everything looked normal, but my biopsy showed moderate dysplasia. I am now scheduled for the cryo procedure Oct. 11 and I am scared. Its funny but I find myself conforting my friends and family. I tell them it will be ok, but deep down I am really scared.

Debbie

Old 10-03-2005, 08:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: Cryo procedure

Debbie - Don't worry! I was so happy 22 years ago when I had a bad pap smear and I was able to have cryosurgery. The first doctor wanted to do a cone biopsy, and possibly a hysterectomy....(can you believe that) and I had researched and thought cryo would be better and less scary. The 2nd doctor said he treats it with cryo and he did it right then and there in the office. It was so easy and didn't hurt at all. He said I would have so cramping, but I didn't. I had a discharge after and had to wear pads....it's all the frozen surface sluffing off. Don't worry for one minute about this, it is a piece of cake. It was much easier, less painful, (and less scary) than the biopsy and the colposcopy. I've had no problems since then!
Good luck to you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #3
(female)

Verucah HB User
Re: Cryo procedure

Debbie,
I too had this procedure a year ago. I had exactly the same as you, the abnormal pap, hpv negative, colposcopy looked good by the eye...biopsy came back moderate dysplasia.

This procedure was actually less painful I thought than the colposcopy and took about the same amount of time. I had a very watery discharge for about a week ( like peeing in your pants! ), and it continued on much lighter for about six weeks. ( I also want to mention that at times it was tinged with brown, pink discharge and a distinct odor...not to be too graphic... so don't be scared...)

I have since had to normal paps and am going for my third next week. I will hopefully be getting back to a more normal pap routine ( once a year ) soon.

I won't tell you not to be scared, because when people told me I still was, but I will tell you that you can definitely do this...This is really nothing on the pain richter scale!

Good luck and come back and let us know your good results!
Verucah

Closed Thread