It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-05-2005, 07:00 AM   #1
(female)

dellie4 HB User
Red face anyone else have this?

I had posted a few weeks ago my symptoms. Pelvic dryness and pain. Constapation and diarrhea, lots of lower back pain, bloated, frequent urination, loss of appetite. Anyway... I had a pelvic sono done yesterday. I asked the tech if she could see anything and she said she couldn't say that the dr would have to talk to me. She couldn't see my ovaries at all so she did the vaginal sono. It was so painful, she still couldn't see my ovaries. Then they did blood work so I asked the girl taking my blood what type of blood tests and she said it was to check hormone levels. I asked about the CA125 and she said he would probably order it after he looks at the sonograms. Has anyone else ever had this problem where the couldn't see the ovaries? If so, what do they do then? Thanks for the info from anyone. I go next wednesday to see my dr re the results. I guess I get irritated at all the waiting. It is toooooo stressful. I hope someone else has been through this re the ovaries and can let me know what might be next. Thanks much!

Old 10-05-2005, 10:53 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: anyone else have this?

Hi Dellie4,

I have had many Vaginal Ultrasounds and on a couple, they could not see both of my ovaries. Sometimes, the bowels get in the way. They will either do another one in 3 mo. or they can do a ? - where they cut 2 hole in the outside of your lower abdomen, and check things out from there. Too much gas, sometimes makes the bowels enlarged!

I have some of the same symptoms. I go to my gyno mon. am, tho. I will just have him do another vaginal ultrasound, along with my other yealy things! I would rather be safe than sorry, I do not want Cervical/Ovarian cancer.

Take care. Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-06-2005, 04:41 AM   #3
(female)

dellie4 HB User

Thanks for replying. You must be talking about a laporoscopy. Why are they having you wait 3 months here and 3 months there? That makes no sense to me. I really don't want to repeat the vaginal sonogram, but I would rather do that then surgery. I hope everything is okay with you.

Dellie4

Old 10-06-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Dellie4,

Every gyno. Dr. is different. Some go straight for the hospital or outpatient stuff. But mine knows that I do not want to be in the hospital if I do not have to. Plus it costs more $. I have a $5,000. deductible per person per year!

I was ok on my last physical visit 1 yr. ago. But I am getting a lot of the symptoms, mainly lots of gas and pain on both sides - very low abdoment. No bleeding. No that is the reason I want the vag. Ultrasound! I will pay the $ for that just to be safe!

I do not know why the 3 mo. wait. I guess just to give the cysts on my ovaries to either get bigger, smaller or stay the same. Depending on the type of cysts, some will burst too. And some will just get smaller on there own. It is the ones that get bigger, that are to be worried about. The last time, I had 6 mo. inbetween, then 1 yr. So, hopefully, it will be a yr. again. Depends on the results of this one!

Good Luck to you. Wannabe

Closed Thread