It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 09:31 PM   #1
(female)

gogo123 HB User
Dysplasia Question

I would really love to know if after 2-3 years of abnormal paps, biopsies colpos, leeps, cone biopsy, the works, always CIN1, maybe CIN2 but back to CIN1, never in the endo ...my question finally is , what are the chances ones body will supress the virus after 2-3 years..my doctor keeps telling me that eventually I will get immune to it just because of my history the way its always CIN1, its persistant and I seeked oncologist opinion and he told me that persistent will supress, some people longer, I will follow-up every 3 months until it does. Does anyone have any knowledge about this ? Thank you.

Old 10-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

victoria48 HB User
Re: Dysplasia Question

There are people on this board more knowledgeable than I am on the subject but as far as I know, your dysplasia is more than likely caused by the virus HPV, which will never leave your body.

It might lie dormant for years and years not causing you any problems but there is always a chance that the dysplasia will occur again.

Looking after yourself will help surpress the virus but nothing will kill it. It is important that you always have your regular pap smear tests.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #3
(female)

cincbcat HB User
Re: Dysplasia Question

In my personal experience, having gone from severe dysplasia, to moderate, to finally mild over the last year and a half, I can say with some certainty that your body should be able to suppress the virus after time. Exactly how much time is not clear. It is vital to keep your immune system in tip top shape, by doing the obvious (vitamins, not smoking, eat right, get enough rest). Your immune system can keep the virus at bay, but like victoria said, there is the possibility that it can return if your immune system is weakened.

Closed Thread