It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
(female)

brookeysma HB User
Need some help with Test results - I am scared

First of all, thank you for reading my post! I have had cysts on my ovaries before but I think this is much different...I have not been feeling well for awhile (tired, pain in lower abdomen and lower back, constantly bloated, etc). A couple of weeks ago, it got a lot worse. I lost my appetite, the pain was much more uncomfortable. I let it go a few days but it wouldnt stop. Went to Dr and she did PAP (results not in yet) and Ultrasound. I got the results of the US today and this is what they said (sorry this is so long):

-Cervical Cysts
-Multiple unilocular cysts on Right ovary (largest being .9cm)
-Left ovary enlarged due to 4.5 cm cyst. this has the gross appearance of a simple cyst although there is a collection of fluid around the margin which gives the appearance of septation but most likely is not due to a septum and a single cyst but rather fluid along the margin of the cyst or effacement of a contigious cyst. There is also a 1.8 cm cyst with a few internal echoes and multiple small uniloculor cysts.
-Moderately prominent amount of free fluid in the cul-de-sac (52.1c).

My primary is referring me to the GYN but does anyone have any experience with similar results. And should I be concerned?

Thank you in advance for you help!

Old 10-19-2005, 09:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: Need some help with Test results - I am scared

Brookeysma,

I'm sorry, i can't help you with your path report. I think it is a good thing you have been referred on to a gyn. They are more specialized and you should be able to get a few more answers. Have you found out when your appointment is yet?

I would encourage you to be a strong advocate for your health. If you are not comfortable with what the gyn tells you then by all means seek out a second opinion.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 06:56 PM   #3
(female)

pams37 HB User
Re: Need some help with Test results - I am scared

Helllo I tooo just have a cyst on my cervix.
I asked my doctor about it.
She just told me it's smalll and we will leave it alone.
I really do not understand how this happened to me.
I never never had problems with cysts.Plus they said they found a lot of Endometriosis in my uterous.
But she keeeps tellling me I'm healthy and it willl go away.
I thought they have to take the cyst out(especially becuase it hurts me on my darn cervix)
Sorrry I could not help with any-thing else.But I toooo have a small cyst(so she says)
Take care.
Pamela

Closed Thread