It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Alyss HB User
Cone biopsy follow-up question

For anyone who has had a cold knife cone biopsy, did the doctor examine you to make sure you had healed? When and how were you cleared for "normal activites" -- exercise, housework, lifting, sex?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-27-2005, 10:36 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Cone biopsy follow-up question

I didn't have a cold knife. I had a leep for cin3. My first follow up was at 6mths. I was also surprised they didn't see a need to "check" sooner as the book I bought said 3 mths for check up. But, I didn't question their decision, and so far, their judgement was right in my case, I healed well. That was almost 7mths ago.
Normal activity for me was suggested at 2 weeks, yet I went 3 weeks, to be on the safe side. Easier to prevent then try to fix right?

I know this reply is not really what you asked for, yet i'm hoping it might help you.

Take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-28-2005, 12:48 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Alyss HB User

Thanks for the response, lvnglf. My doctor also said two weeks, which it has been as of today. However, Tuesday night I started getting rather heavy bleeding and cramping. Soaked through the bedsheets last night sweating. I don't seem to have a temperature, and I'm not over a pad an hour, which is their "rule" for follow-up.

I am going to lay low and see if this passes. I wonder if I accidentally overdid something. My husband thinks I "reached" too much in kitchen cupboards.

Old 10-30-2005, 06:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User

Yes..definatly. I had a check up probably 2-4 weeks later. I think it was 8 weeks before I could have sex..however, i could do other things pretty much the next few days.

Closed Thread