It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2005, 05:14 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Fearful of ovarian cancer

For my last couple periods I have been experiencing something quite different. About 7-10 days prior to my period I have alot of lower abdominal and back discomfort. I feel bloated and extra gassy. And even some short twinges of pain. I get fairly large clots (about quarter size) when I do have my period. Last month I bled very heavily one night (super tampon every half hour). But then the period stopped the nexxt day (that was baout 3 days of period). I did go to er. They did a pelvic and some blood work and UA to make sure I wasnt pregnant. Sent me home with Rx for 600mg Ibuprophen. Called OB/GYN next day and she said not to worry..that we will just talk about it at my next appt (end of December). I called my GP. She scheduled a pelvic u/s just to ease my mind. It is scheduled for Nov 25th but I am thinking baout changing it to a sooner date. I found out that my grandmother died of ovarian cancer. SO, now I am worried that these symptoms are because of that. Any advice?? Oh..I am 31 and had a baby 13 months ago. I also had a cold knife cone biopsy done about 8 months ago. Everythign has healed fine according to Doc.

Last edited by missy101; 10-30-2005 at 05:25 AM.

Old 11-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: Fearful of ovarian cancer

Hi Cheers44,

If I were you, I would make them schedule my pelvic Ultra Sound much sooner. When I have had a vaginal ultrasound, I can do it the same day I see my dr., most of the time! Of course, they are different tests. But, I like you, am scared of ovarian cancer and I do not even have any relatives that had it (that I know of). I have just heard so much about, how it is hard to know if someone has it.

Some of the symptoms that you mentioned are the symptoms that can be of ovarian cancer. But it could also be something else. Like gastro related. I do not know about the heavy bleeding, tho.

Good luck to you.

Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2005, 06:46 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy101 HB User
Re: Fearful of ovarian cancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBeFreeToRoam
Hi Cheers44,

If I were you, I would make them schedule my pelvic Ultra Sound much sooner. When I have had a vaginal ultrasound, I can do it the same day I see my dr., most of the time! Of course, they are different tests. But, I like you, am scared of ovarian cancer and I do not even have any relatives that had it (that I know of). I have just heard so much about, how it is hard to know if someone has it.

Some of the symptoms that you mentioned are the symptoms that can be of ovarian cancer. But it could also be something else. Like gastro related. I do not know about the heavy bleeding, tho.

Good luck to you.

Wannabe
I did schedule for this coming Friday instead. Didn't want to wait and have to worry all that time. Hopefully, they can give me results pretty quickly.

Closed Thread