It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User
when the colposcopy reveals nothing

A while ago I had a couple abnormal paps. The first was low grade cells the next one after I delivered my child came back high grade cells! I had the colposcopy and the doctor couldn't find any abnormal looking areas at all. He said my cervix appeared to be healthy and when they applied the vinegar solution not a single white area turned up. He wanted to do the cyrosurgery to take care of whatever was causing my problems. My repeat paps have been normal. So what happened? What was going on with me!?!

Old 11-05-2005, 05:47 AM   #2
(female)

tpagm HB User
Re: when the colposcopy reveals nothing

Hello-
Your body can get rid of the bad cells on its own. I have never heard of being able to getting rid of high grade cells but definitely low grade cells. So I bet your body just cleared it up. As long as you keep your immune system up your body can rid the cells. However, they can still come back in the future so make sure you keep up with all your appointments.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2005, 12:36 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

Your pap may have been an "overread" by the cytotech/cytopathologist. I had a moderate pap in april of this year. They couldn't find anything, even the ecc was clear. Because of my history (Stage 1a1 found in June 2004) and I had completed my family, I went ahead and had a hysterectomy. Nothing was found in the pathology, so either I cleared the cells that had showed up on the pap or it was an overread. Hope this helps.

Karen

Old 11-08-2005, 03:56 AM   #4
(female)

ElenaK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by besafe20
A while ago I had a couple abnormal paps. The first was low grade cells the next one after I delivered my child came back high grade cells! I had the colposcopy and the doctor couldn't find any abnormal looking areas at all. He said my cervix appeared to be healthy and when they applied the vinegar solution not a single white area turned up.
Did your dr perform an ECC during the colpo? Another possible scenario could be that the Pap may have picked up something from inside the canal (the endocervix), which is not visible under the colposcope. The dr needs to scrape cells from the cervical canal and have them biopsied in order to make sure that the endocervical tissue is clear of malignancy. And of course an overread or your body clearing up low-grade dysplasia are equally plausible.

Last edited by ElenaK; 11-08-2005 at 03:57 AM.

Old 11-09-2005, 02:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

I asked my doctor that after I had my cyro. I asked if maybe the problem was so high up that maybe thats why nothing showed up with the microscope. He said if that was the case the cyro would have taken care of it. My paps have all been normal so far (knock on wood!) so maybe that was it. I do not know what an ECC is but I dodn't have any scraping done at the time. Just a colposcopy and cyrosurgery immediately after since he couldn't find anything to biospy.

Closed Thread