It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2005, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

lainey75 HB User
How long b3fore i get results back from biopsy?

Hi all, this is my first post, im new here, but glad i found this site. I went for a routine smear and i bled on contact and nurse said there was 'something there' so referred me for a colposcopy, when i had this she explained that the wall of my cervix isnt smooth like it shud be and she did a biopsy aswell when abnormal cells showed up, this biopsy was on 18th Oct, we r now 5th Nov. How long dhud i b waiting? the longer it is the more worried i am....

Lainey x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-05-2005, 04:21 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Alyss HB User
Re: How long b3fore i get results back from biopsy?

Call them and ask that the pathology report be sent to you, or go in and get it. And ask when your follow-up appointment is.

You are entitled to this report, and it is always smart to get it. It is a virtual certainty it is ready. Why you haven't been contacted I do not know. I do know that physicians' offices tend to be awfully callous in their concern (or lack) for how awful this "waiting game" is.

First thing Monday you are on the phone. Let us know what they said.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2005, 06:57 AM   #3
(female)

lainey75 HB User

hiya, thanks for replying, i phoned a week after the colposcopy and then again the second tuesday and they said they had nothing back as yet, it was still being 'processed' and if ive not heard by this tuesday to phone them back again, all i hope now is that after 3 weeks (so far) that there is nothing seriously wrong, 3 weeks is along time. I am feared now coz for the past week ive had a different problem occur which im going to post on IBS and i dont know if its the worry etc causing it or if it is cervial cancer then its now bowel aswell, these people dont care do they? we r just a number in a long list to them. Ahhh well, i feel better for venting off I will post when i hear anything

Old 11-06-2005, 11:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User

Hi Lainey75,

If I were you, I would call them everyday, until they tell you they have the results! That is way too long. They must be sitting on someones desk, at the bottom of the pile! My gyno can get my stuff by computer, most of the time! Or perhaps by fax. If I call and ask, they will ususally call me back, and they have them, then. Usually, it only takes 2 wks. at the most. Even if they have to send it to another city!

Sorry, but I am not as patient as you are!! I would be pitching a fit!!!

Hope you have good results, when you finally find out!

Wannabe

Old 11-08-2005, 05:48 AM   #5
(female)

lainey75 HB User

Hi, i got my results back in the post y'day, the biopsy came back inadequate! so i have to go again in 3 months time, lovely!!!... the swab came back normal, so thats a relief. But what i cant understand is how a biopsy can be inadequate....ahhh well at least i know now, but not looking forward to going thru it all again, my smear also came back inadequate, hmmm i wonder if my entire cervix is inadequate..

Old 11-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

flintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB Userflintrock HB User

In today's world, biopsy's are transmitted automatically by fax the minute they are read. So don't let your doc office say they're not back yet. Ask what lab it was sent to. Then call the lab. That's what I did. My doc office had it all the time.....so take matters into your own hands next time. I have a friend who is a pathologist, she told me that no matter where they send it, the fax automatically....so they will have it the day it's read by the path.........let them know you know that.........someone is not doing their job....and besides, if it's a bad report, they will call you immediately, if not, they give you the good news at your reutrn visit, which should be within 2 weeks........

Closed Thread