This is all new to me and would like to get some relief here.
We just found out my daughter has cervical cancer and she is due in May.
she is suppose to go for surgery 28th for cercloge. the doctor appointment before the is 18th but I am really worried!!!!!!!
We already lost 1 baby when she was 5 months along that was in May this yr. an now another on the way. Is this a bad sign that we might lose this one????
Has anyone been in this situation??????
Does that mean he will stich the cervix? Doctors are reallyl not supposed to do any type of surgery to remove the cells while a female is pregnant. Sometimes while giving vaginal birth, the baby can knock the cells off while passing through.
Tell her to hang in there and don't let her doctor do anything other then stich her cervix until the baby is born.
Thanksgiving, I am so sorry for what your daughter is going through, and your family too. The first thing you need to do is find out if she has cervical cancer or cervical PRE-cancer. There are three stages of cell changes that are non-invasive, that while frightening should not hurt the pregnancy. If, however, she has been diagnosed with cervical cancer, that is a completely different story. Is she seeing a gynecologist oncologist? If she is not, and she has been told she has cervical cancer then she should insist on seeing one of these experts. The easiest way for her to find out exactly what she is dealing with is to request a copy of her reports (pap, biopsies, pathology, etc...basically any information on what has been done and what the results were). From there you will have abit more to go on in terms of your research. It is really important that your daughter bases her decisions on the factual information she has collected. If she is dealing with precancer and they want to remove it, she needs to sit down with the doctor (and maybe you with her) to find out why he feels this is necessary. Communication is going to be huge here. I sure hope this has helped a little. I wish all the best to your daughter and your family and will keep my fingers crossed that all turns out okay.
I would like to say thank You for giving me some relief here. like I said I have no clue about this cancer. We go in on 18th so my daughter has another check up on how the cervics is holding up in order for her to carry full term. she is scheduled to go in the 28 for surgery to do a cerclodge but it may change now that we got word from doctor about cervical cancer but we have no clue of how bad it is till the 18th. she has been through pap, altersounds( an inwardly type of altersounds). Her gynecologist who will be delivering the baby at St Annes will be keeping a close eye on her.
From what I understand the doc's can't do anything until baby is born.
I'm glad I helped a little The docs won't or shouldn't do anything until after the baby is born unless it is clearly invasive. If you do any kind of search on cervical dysplasia (pre-cancer) and pregnancy, you will find a bunch of information about this. When she goes for her next appointment on the 18th, if they say it is invasive, then ask to see a gynecologist oncologist. They are the experts when it comes to this stuff. If it is dysplasia (or pre-cancer, or CIN 1, 2, or 3, or Carcinoma in situ) she is okay to be followed by a gynecologist. Sorry, I feel pretty strongly about this, so not trying to be forceful, but do want to get my point across.