It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-13-2005, 06:53 PM   #1
(female)

texan1771 HB User
AfterMath of Treatment

I was digonosed as stage llB cervical cancer and I went to the best treatment place in the country MD Anderson they told me the way it was I needed radition and low dose chemo so I did the chemo once a week and radition 5 times a week,35 treatments in all.... I survived but I want some feedback on the AFTER effects of this I stay constipated and I urinate all the time at least once a hour I have sharp pains I guess because I stay stopped up I know laxatives are harmful but I have been taking stool softners every other day.....Please has ANYONE gone thru this and what might you suggest thanks

Old 11-13-2005, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: AfterMath of Treatment

Hi Texan1771,

I am glad that you went to M.D.Anderson, it is one of the best! Have you told any of your drs. that you are constipated? I am sometimes constipated (no cervial cancer, yet), and my family dr. gives me a medicine called Enulose. It is a prescription and you take it by the tablespoon full. I need it to reverse what a medicine I take for anxiety does to me! If you can get one of your drs. to prescribe, something like that, it does pretty good. I take it about 5 times a week. Just depends.

Hope that you are feeling better soon and get some stomach and lower bowel relief!

Take care.

Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread