It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2005, 01:16 AM   #1

Loz23 HB User
A few questions about Ovarian cancer

I'm a 24 year old female and have been having problems for about 3 months now my symptoms are

low abdominal pain
altered bowel habit with more frequent bowel movements (up to 3 per day) and sometimes loose
Groin and pelvic pain
Bloating and gas
Nausea
low right sided back pain (constant)

I am becoming worried about these symptom I have no history of this cancer in my family, so the questions I have

do these symptoms match ovarian cancer
Am I to young to have this

any ideas what else could be causing this

Getting very worried
My doc says IBS but I have these syptoms everyday it doesn't seem right

Old 11-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
(female)

pams37 HB User
Re: A few questions about Ovarian cancer

Hello Loz,
That's exactly all the stuff I am suffering.Yes and the doctors are telling me they think it's IBS and Crohns(say as IBS)
But I did the test(when you swallow barium)and they x-ray your small intestines and stomach.I did it begginnning of Nov.I never heard back about the results.So I know it's not crohne's.Seee doctors do not understand that when you have any problems with any of your reproduction,I find it first hits your bowels and urine(now I feeel pain in my Kidneys)it goes to bowels and urine because it's down near pelvis.But yes alll the symptoms you have,is exactly what I'm going through.I tooo have no history of Ovarin or any kind of cancer in our family.That's why doctors do not even think it's any-thing bad.But I know that I'm in bigggg trouble.I have had problems since I guesss Aug.Now the pain gets worse instead of bettter.One of my doctors told me there is nothing he can do for me.He said the ultrasounds say you are ok,nothing wrong with you.But I know the pain I feeeel.But honestly I'm glad it's me and not my family.This pain I would not wish it even on my worse enemy.especiallly when you feeeel like you are being rippped apart(my organs)but yet every-one thinks you are faking.I honestly wish I was faking it.
You know what you can do,try this.Do you know if you have extra fluid inside you???
I know becuase my organs feeel heavy and when I lay down I can just feeel some-thing heavy around my organs.Now an important thing.My mother does not beleive me that the marks on my abdomen,(left side near my pelvis)I have white marks alll over my abdomen.They say it's your Lymph nodes.My mother and family keeep tellling me it's stretch marks(but I know it's not)Every week it keeps getting higher and higher.But now the apst 2 weeks it's beeen right at my belly button.I think those marks are to do with fighting what ever bad thing is in your abdomen.Now I feeel like I'm being ripped apart.I can feeel the water in abdomen going hard and fast into my organ then you feeel like your organs are being squeezed.It seeems to happen late at night.So then I can not sleeep.I willl watch tv just to get my mind offff the pain I feeel.Then when I finally do get to sleeep,my young 2 kids wake up and I take them to school and some-times we are late(it's so hard gettting motivated)So during the day I'm so tired,from nooo sleeep.But my daughter just goes to Nursery schoool every morning(for 2 hrs)so either I try to sleeep or I do every-thing I neeed too.Then it's basically time to pick her up.Then I feeel so bad,I go home and sleeep(try to)but she like wakes me up.I feeel bad and guilty.So usually when I pick her up we go out,I get home by 1 pm then she watches tv while I relax.Then we pick her bro up at 3:30.Then I finally get energy back and then at night I'm sooo tired,nearly ready to crash.But then I feeeel some-thing in my organs and I can not sleeep.Sorry I do not want to scare you.But this is what I'm going through.I guess every-one is different.But just the past 2 weeeks is when I have beeen feeeling that some-thing is going on in my organs.I have had pains in my pelvis(ovaries and in uterus)maybe since end of Aug.Now just the past 2 weeeks I am having pain in alll my organs(alll at once)
So it does take time to feeeel this kind of pain.But try this out.If you know you have fluid inside you,when you have to go for ultrasound (where you have to drink fluid)do not drink.Then if they say wowwwww you drank a lot of water.Then explain you have not and you neeed to know what's going on.I go for my next ultrasound on Dec 1
So I willl do it then tooo.I go for upper abdomen and pelvic and transvaginal.
Ok take care and I wish you luck.Let me know how it's going and what you are suffering.See I knew some-thing was not right since Aug.But just now my organs are alll gettting sore.Then it feeels awesome when nothing agrevatting it.Ok I hope to hear back from you.Love Pamela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2005, 04:30 PM   #3
(female)

tyboyz HB User

Just wanted to add a better option for you!!! I had very similar symptoms. I had ultrasounds and CT scans done and a small cyst on my ovary and gallstones were found. More testing was done due to the symptoms and gallstones and it was found that I had acid reflux that caused inflammation in my stomach. Once this was treated my symptoms were much better and the cyst is just being watched.

So please do get yourself check out but also don't get ahead of yourself. Other things can cause these symptoms. Believe me I made myself crazy with worry!

Old 12-21-2005, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

rav4grl HB User

Hi, I have pressure on my bladder, frequent urination, and a small lump on my right side by ovary....doc said i showed blood in my urine with a high white bloodcell count..she gave me an antibiotic and referred me for a sonogram of the pelvis and abdomen which i had done this morning...I am 53 post menopausel and feel like I am pregnant with a baby putting constant pressure on my bladder....cannot even sleep at night so much fluid and a full feeling there...help?

Closed Thread