It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-24-2005, 11:13 PM   #1
(female)

durham66 HB User
Question about swollen uterus and fibroid

hi got visit to the hospital sorted didnt have internal scan just another internal examination dr said my uterus was swollen and there was a mass on the right side he thinks it's a fibroid
he has booked me in for the internal scan and took another CA125 blood test the first one came back 85

does a swollen uterus and fibroid elevate blood test levels and cause the swelling of abdomen back pain etc

has anyone else had this problem
thanks ann

Last edited by durham66; 11-25-2005 at 01:09 AM.

Old 11-25-2005, 06:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Merimac HB UserMerimac HB User
Re: Question about swollen uterus and fibroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by durham66
hi got visit to the hospital sorted didnt have internal scan just another internal examination dr said my uterus was swollen and there was a mass on the right side he thinks it's a fibroid
he has booked me in for the internal scan and took another CA125 blood test the first one came back 85

does a swollen uterus and fibroid elevate blood test levels and cause the swelling of abdomen back pain etc

has anyone else had this problem
thanks ann
The CA125 test is a decent test to monitor cancer once there is a clear cut diagnosis and therapy is underway. In Women who are menstruating or have the hormones to menstruate, it is not reliable due to the test response to non cancerous illnesses. The fibroid can cause the test to be elevated due to the hormones that caused the fibroid to form. A combination of sonogram, Cat scan, mri or PET scan with the CA125 can make a more definitive diagnosis. There have been reports of the CA125 going high when a woman has irritable bowel disease or Crohns Disease. The best possible suggestion right now is to wait until all the testing is done before drawing any conclusions. The fibroid, depending on its size can and does cause the uterus to swell, contract and sit against nerve endings that run along the back. It does not take a large fibroid to do this. If the fibroid is caused by impending menopause, when the hormone productions drop down, the fibroid disappears sometimes. I had one and it went away after I went through menopause. But, do not assume anything until everything that can be tested points to non-cancerous causes.

Last edited by Merimac; 11-25-2005 at 06:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2005, 12:35 PM   #3
(female)

durham66 HB User

thanks for your reply, the only think that concerns me that he thinks it's a fibroid is the fact I dont have heavy periods (2 days light bleeding) and no bleeding in between periods
he did draw me a diagram to where the mass was and it was next to where the ovary is supposed to be guess till I know for sure i'm still going to be really worried

ann :-)

Old 11-27-2005, 08:42 PM   #4
(female)

pams37 HB User

Hello durham66,
Could I ask you a question.
Ok 2 months ago(2 periods ago,middle of Oct)
I had a ultrasound down.Pelvic and they also did one where they put some-thing in me(I always forget that name)they were loooking in my uterus and ovaries.
Plus my luck(I was on day 2 of my period)but the lady told me that it still works.They can still look inside when you have your monthly friend.
Ok anyways what they wrote on report was UNREMARKABLE(I really do not know if that means goood or bad)
But they found cysts allll over my uterus(they said uterus was made of these cysts)I can't remember the name.But I looked it up a long time ago and they say the cyst is from cervix.
It's alll over my uterus.Ok then they said Remarkable ovaries and they also found endomotrium 7mm(now I think that's bad)plus my sister said that when you are on your period the lining of uterus should be 1mm(not 6or7)
But now I read that once endo reaches 9mm or higher then they freak out thinking it's some-thing bad.
Ok so any-ways after that ultrasound I went to my doctors and I asked the lady doctor what they found and if every-thing is ok.
The stupid lady(I know she's screwing me up)she told me yes that the report says every-thing is goood.But I told her that can't be right.I told her then why do I have really bad pains down in Pelvic way deep(near bowels and bladder and uterus)really bad pains where I can not walk.
She just kept saying there's nothing wrong with you.Ultrasound said every-thing beautiful.Now if I was not in pain.Then I'd say ok.To me remarkable does not really mean good.I don't know.
Get this.So then beginning of Nov(day 1 of period)I could not walk,I was crying in really bad pain.My flow was reallllllllllllllly heavy.Every month it seems heavier.
Then I loook down and I seee that my Vagina is swellled out.It's stilll swelled out.
Is that what happened to you???My mother just thinks I have a bad infection.But I have a feeling it's some-thing really bad.I'm like reallly swelled out.I just loook at my-self and I cry.I just don't know what's going on.The stupid ultrasounds(or maybe it's people reading it that screws it up)I know they can make mistakes.But now I'm suffering.So this Tues I go to a new doctor(I had him when I was younger until I was 10)now he told my mother he will take me back again.So I willl show him the swelling.Then I go for the same ultrasounds this Thurs(but ofcourse my monthly friend should be coming this weeek again tooo)I'm dreading it coming.That's when I swelled out.Maybe the endo(massss)is bigger and now I feel like theres some-thing in my organs.But it reallly upsets me becuase my family don't beleive me.They think the doctor knows more.But I'm the one who is suffering.Not the darn doctors.Ohh plus I also have a discharge.(since it happened)but it's nothing like a yeast infection.It's more like you know when you ovulate and you get a discharge.Except it's also a really bad smelll tooo(sorry for saying that)but bad odor but nooo pains.Plus the cysts that were in my uterus(the cysts from cervix)came out(like I swear about 50 of them)and came onto my all over lips of vagina.It totalyyy freaked me out.So a doctor saw it and told me that theres really bad germs inside my uterus that's infecting me.So he gave me meds(2 different bottles of pills)it's for a bad yeast infection.He warned me that I would be very very illl on it.You know some-thing,it made me feeeel great.I did not feeel sick at alll.Wellll the way it made me feel is how I have been feeeling like since Aug.Some cysts did disappear but I stillll am swellled out down there and I stilll have that weird smellll.I know some-thing reallly bad is going on.Hopefullly I willl know by this coming week-end.Ok take care.I hope you get bettter tooo.I willl let you know what happens.Pamela

Closed Thread