It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2005, 11:47 PM   #1
(female)

Randi And. HB User
Im 18 and have abnormal bleeding, please tell me anything that could be causing this!

I am 18 years old and have been dating a guy for a month now. I lost my virginity when I was 16 and have not had sex since. Recently, me and my boyfriend starting getting intimate.He deicided to insert his fingers into my vagina. The first time, afterwards, I bled pretty bad. I thought I could have been getting my period, but it wasn't that color of blood, more of like a watered down red color.The bleeding only lasted for about 10 minutes afterwards, then it was gone.We've done this about 10-12 times and I have only bled 2 times. It doesn't hurt during or afterwards, his fingernails are cut short, and yes, I get swollen afterwards so I'm a little uncomfortable, but thats normal seeing how I haven't been sexually active in over 2 years now. I've been told that either a tear/cut can be causing this bleeding, or it could be the early stages of Cervical Cancer. My mother also had Cervical Cancer around the age of 23, but caught it early enough to have it removed, but what are my odds of having it? I am very worried, and I am a nervous wreck not knowing what to do, or what this is caused from. Other women told me that they bled a few times once they started getting to be sexually active after a while too, it just takes time, So what do I do? wait it out and see if the bleeding passes? or go check it out immediately?But I would like more opionion as soon as possible to calm my nerves. ANY TYPE OF ADVICE/IDEAS/CONCERNS/OR QUESTIONS please ask me/let me know as soon as possible...Thanks everyone!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-15-2005, 03:04 PM   #2
(female)

88Shadow HB User
Re: Im 18 and have abnormal bleeding, please tell me anything that could be causing this!

Randi:

I would urge you (or ANYONE) who is sexually active or who has had sex in the past to begin having yearly exams. Age doesn't matter. With all the STD's out there, you need to stay on top of your health. They are finding that cervical cancer isn't genetic so the fact your mom had it shouldn't worry you. The leading cause of cervical cancer is the HPV virus which is sexually transmitted and there are no symptoms on the man so you can't tell if he has it or not. The research is now saying that upwards of 80 percent of sexually active adults in America have been exposed to one of the HPV strains. Many of them don't cause any problems at all and the only way you'd be tested for the virus is if your Pap came back abnormal. I've done a ton of research on this subject and unfortunately the younger you are when you contract a high risk strain, the more likely the virus is to cause immediate problems. It has to do with how your cervix is formed and the cellular changes it goes through as you mature. I'm sorry I don't have any ideas about the bleeding but any bleeding between periods should be checked out. Please, please don't worry but do make an appointment to see a good ob/gyn. You need be proactive in your health. Likely it's not anything serious and it will calm you down to find a good doctor you can talk about things like this with!

Old 12-15-2005, 08:59 PM   #3
(female)

Randi And. HB User
Re: Im 18 and have abnormal bleeding, please tell me anything that could be causing this!

I have only had sex with one guy my entire life and that was with the guy i lost my virginity to, which he also was a virgin.i know i havent been with anyone else sexually, so that means i can be pretty sure that it couldnt be cervical cancer? that would be a huge relief...now as for what else it could be from....when i did have sex i never bled...therefore im thinking he never penetrated deep enought to break my hypmen (i think thats how its spelled or as in "popping the cherry")....could it be that my boyfriend now finally did while fingering me? idk what to think about that either, i was into horseback riding my hole life, and i know that could definitely do it, being athletic and such. any hints or suggestions, or thoughts, please throw them out there...Thanks again!

Old 12-16-2005, 05:16 AM   #4
(female)

88Shadow HB User

If you know the one guy you were with had never been sexually active, then your chances of having HPV are zero so yes, that is good. You'd mentioned swelling and I'm wondering if you have some type of infection. You can get infections from lots of things (incorrect wiping after you go to the bathroom for instance). I'd still really urge you to just go get an exam and pap smear. It really will ease your mind. As far as breaking your hymen, that should cause very little bleeding and then only the one time I would think. I'm no medical expert but I think if you had sex before, any penetration would have done that if it hadn't happened naturally from your athletic activities. Just a guess. Please go see a doctor!

Old 12-20-2005, 12:05 PM   #5
(female)

Randi And. HB User
Exclamation Re: Im 18 and have abnormal bleeding, please tell me anything that could be causing this!

I onlyget swelling after he has fingered me, and the swelling doesnt last long at all...maybe 20 minutes or so...otherwise i dont have any swelling ever. I called the nurse at planned parenthood and she said it could be an STD, which I, myself know it's not, or it could be a cut/tear from not enough lubrication and being to dry, or there could be something else going on, but those are the only explanations she could give me over the phone, she said give it some time to heal, if its a cut or tear, and then try it again. and if it does bleed for a 3rd time, to come in and have an exam done. Otherwise i shouldnt be worried about a thing...does this sound right to anyone? im hoping it doesnt happen, that would really put a damper on our first time having sex... so please, any mor comments, let me know!
Thanks is adnvance!!

Closed Thread