It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

avandongen HB User
Unhappy Messed up after conization

Hi everybody,
I'm new on this forum and I really need to tell my story; i had a cold knife conization the 3 of november. They diagnosed CIN III in june but analysis of the cone biopsy showed carcinome in situ; my gynecologist says they've cut away everything but the risk now that it comes back is higher. Is that so??
So I've allready a colposcopy sceduled for march 2006. In the meantime I'm still bleeding from my conization; after 6 weeks! I've had my period in the meantime. My gyneco has given me some medication against infections and I started them yesterday. She didn't seem much concerned by the bleeding. Does anybody have the same experience??
Besides this they also found a cvyst on my ovary; probably a dermoid cyst and my doctor wants that I take anti-conception pills for this. But I don't really feel like taking them because I want to start to try and have a baby after my cervix is healed and I don't want to disrupt my periods with hormones. Anyway, I feel so confused and frightened with all this; just when I was thinking about having children...
I'd like to hear from anybody with the same experience or advice or whatever!!
greetings to everybody from paris/France

Old 12-26-2005, 07:05 PM   #2
(female)

jmjmommy HB User
Re: Messed up after conization

I am sorry that you are going through this. I wish I had some answers for you. I had a cold-knife cone on December 5th and am still bleeding (pretty heavily). My follow-up is next week. I wanted to reply to your post in hopes that other people will have some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2005, 07:33 PM   #3
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User
Re: Messed up after conization

I didn't bleed alot after mine and maybe it's just me but I wasn't told my risk is higher of it coming back. My FIL is a gyn/oncologist too.
The one thing that would worry me about your cyst is if it ruptured while you were pg, could you lose the baby?
Can you get a second opinion. I think it would be in your best interest seriously.
I had a cold knife done a few years back and mine never came back.
My FIL explained to me that it's really not a big deal, it's like getting a cancer growth on the top of your arm. IT's the same kind of cancer. As long as you get checked when your supposed to your safe. I do know that your chances of becoming pg are less if you've had a cold knife. Good luck.

Closed Thread