It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2005, 11:38 PM   #1
(female)

durham66 HB User
was this normal

hi
I got my US yesterday and she done a few bits then told me my bladder was too full and to go to the toilet and she would do the internal scan when I came back
got that finished and asked her if everything was ok she said there is something there that isnt normal but for my age (39) could be classed as normal and not to worry get results back next week

has this happened to anyone else or did she do the internal to have a closer look at the mass on my right ovary

Old 12-16-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Alyss HB User
Re: was this normal

I'm not sure I understand your question, but full-bladder ultrasounds and then empty bladder transvaginal (internal) ultrasounds are common testing. The techs are supposed to relate to you little or nothing of what they think they see. That's for the doc.

So don't waste time worrying if you can help it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 01:23 AM   #3
(female)

durham66 HB User

sorry I didnt make it clear, I meant I was booked in for normal ultrasound of pelvis area and abdomen and drank the recommended 3 glasses of water 90 mins before my appointment so for her to say my bladder was too full and go and empty it and done the internal scan, I know I have a solid mass either on or attatched to ovary area and wondered if the internal scan she done was to have a closer look at my ovaries (if she saw something on normal scan of ovaries)

ann

Old 12-19-2005, 03:00 AM   #4
Inactive

Josie115 HB User

Ann... it's hard to say what or why. I can tell you my experience once when I was scheduled for a regular ultra sound..full bladder...just miserable on the table having to pee so bad. I know I was squirming around a bit and she said go...go pee. Said she just couldn't get a good pic cause I was uncomfortable and it wasn't working with me moving.

I think when they are being asked to get views and can't get what they need, they can do a vaginal ultra sound to see if that works better. Hope your results are good...

Closed Thread