It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2005, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

rav4grl HB User
Freeking Out! NEED HELP

I have been going thru alot with a friend in the hospital with ovarian cancer...this morning I found a lump on myself.....I have been feeling feverish and am bloated..urinating alot and a pressure feeling on my bladder almost the same pressure asyou do when u r pregnant..but I am not. The lump is on the right side below the belly button in the pelvic area.....I feel horrible and my back aches.....the lump is small and feels hard...like the size of a raisin.
What could this be? I went to the gyno for an exam due to the urinating problem and she did a pap which I get the results of on Monday..but she did not find any infection in my bladder...I am surprised when she examined me she did not feel a lump..either it just popped up ir she was a bad doc....PLEASE HELP!

Old 12-17-2005, 10:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: Freeking Out! NEED HELP

Hi Rav4grl,

I am sorry that your friend has ovarian cancer. You may have just felt a lymph node. My last mammogram, showed a 1 cm lump and my diagnostic test afterward, show that it was just an enlarged lymph node and went down when pressured hard. So, these types of things can happen.

Most of the time (I think), ovarian cancer is not felt from the outside. Have you read the symptoms of ovarian cancer? You should have more than one of the symptoms to be really worried. How old are you? Have you gone thru menopause yet? Do you have really bad bleeding? And have you had very many children?

My back hurts and my bladder hurts and feels full, when it is not. But, that is because my bladder has dropped greatly in the last year. My gynocologist could feel it.

If you check the symptoms of ovarian cancer, and you have more than one, you could ask your gynocologist to have a vaginal ultrasound scheduled for you. That should show your ovaries more. Talk to you doctor some more when they tell you the results of the pap smear, if you are still really worried.

Take care and try not to become to upset, because that kind of stress can make you really feel worse!

Wannabe

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-21-2005, 09:42 PM   #3
(female)

rav4grl HB User
Re: Freeking Out! NEED HELP

Hi wannabee, I went back to the doc and this time she found blood in my urine and a high white blood cell count..she gave me a prescrip for an antibiotic and sent me off for a sonogram of the abdomen and pelvic area which I had done this morning. I get the results next week I guess. I am 53 and my last period was at the age of 41. I have one child. The bladder pressure is so bad that I need to take a sleepy pill to go to sleep. Feels like I am pregnant with the baby putting pressure on my bladder....very uncomfortable feeling....also like I drank a gallon of water and I have a full feeling in the bladder constantly....thanx for your reply....Donna

Closed Thread