It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2005, 08:55 PM   #1
(female)

kscb30 HB User
Bleeding - is this normal

This may have been discussed months ago but I can't find anything on it. I had LEEP done approx. 4 1/2 months ago for a CIN III cervical polyp - LEEP results came back CIN I and II and margins clear - First follow up PAP smear done in Oct. came back ASCUS. Since the LEEP I notice I bleed very very lightly for a few days prior to my regular period - Doctor said not to worry, now I notice VERY and I do mean VERY scant bleeding while cleaning up after sex. It does not last and is very very light and would probably even go unnoticed by anyone who hasn' t been dealing with all the cervical stuff. So anyhow I am really concerned AGAIN - has anyone experienced this or can anyone comment on it?
I do plan on calling the doctor again tomorrow but I am wondering if this is something to be concerned about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: Bleeding - is this normal

were you able to get ahold of your doctor? I don't know if it is a concern or not, but it's probably best if you run it by your doc. You go for a pap again in January, right? I hope you can get some reassurance from your doc.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
(female)

kscb30 HB User
Re: Bleeding - is this normal

The doc ran tests for infections and found nothing they also looked at the cervix, saw no polyps, the area where the LEEP was done was a little red but it did not bleed when touched (good news) I do have a follow up pap in Jan. so I have to wait and see but the doctor really believed it was of no concern because everything looked OK

Closed Thread