It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2005, 05:59 AM   #1
(female)

Lauri8 HB User
It's that time again!!

Hi everyone - quick history on me - Nov 2003 abnormal pap smear CINIII - Dec 2003 had LEEP, clear margins. June 2004 6 months after LEEP had follow up pap which was clear. Jan 2005 12 months after LEEP had follow up pap which was clear. I am now scheduled to go for my yearly pap smear at the end of January and am freaking out I always get so nervous when I have to go for my pap as I dread having to go through everything again. I just need some reassurance. Any positive stories out there from anyone who has been through the same and had clear paps for years after? Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2005, 11:56 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: It's that time again!!

sorry, I don't personaly have a reassuring story since I'm still waiting for my first pap result after my leep.

I just want to point out how I see things from this side,,,,hoping to bring you comfort.

Most women in here, I think, are in the "between" things like I am. Those whom are "free of worries" might not be reading. Does that make sense to you?

I sure don't blame you for dreading this period, I don't blame you for being nervous either.

From what you've said though, I have a smile on. I truly believe, your pap will come back A OK.

((((huggs))))

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2006, 10:12 PM   #3
(female)

serenity26 HB User

Sorry..I saw your post the other day, but couldn't find my password! I have just received my 2nd consecutive normal in a row in december. I had two leeps last year. It gets better, but that nervewracking feeling, I think, will probably always be there for me. My doc's office always calls me with the results and I swear there's a notation in my file to leave messages that are not worrisome. They always call when I'm at work and then I have trouble getting back through and that totally drives me nuts, so now they leave messages like.."good news, give us a call back."

Hope all is well with both of you.

Old 01-04-2006, 05:13 PM   #4
(female)

kscb30 HB User

I can seriously understand what you are going through I had LEEP in Aug. first pap came back ASCUS so now I am going for my 6 month follow up - I can't stand the waiting. Good luck, it seems like things are in your favor since you had good paps since the LEEP

Old 01-05-2006, 06:10 AM   #5
(female)

Lauri8 HB User

Thanks for replying. I guess you're right - people who are free from worries won't really be looking up a site like this. I remember posting loads of questions back in 2003 when I had to go for LEEP - there were lots of people in the same situation but I have not seen any posts from them for the past 2 years! Surely a good sign that everything has gone well for them.

Since my LEEP, when I have a clear pap I always post to let others who are going through the same thing know that this thing can be beaten. Thank you to everyone who has read my message. I'm scheduled for my pap on January 24 and usually have to wait about 3 weeks for the results. I will let you all know how it goes. Love and Peace x

Closed Thread