It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 02:13 PM   #1
(female)

glorydaz HB User
scheduled for a Cone Biopsy

Well I met with my Oncologist and discussed all my options. He said he could not tell me what stage I am in until they do the Cone Biopsy. What the previos biopsy showed was adenocarcinoma in situ, which is good because its non invasive, however he says that he can't be sure that the deeper tissue isn't invasive.

He said we could either do the cone or wait and deliver the baby early once the lungs were developed enough. He seemed concerned that if it was invasive in the deeper tissue that waiting would be a bad thing. Cancer can spread faster during pregnancy, he did not tell me that but I asked him because I had read it and he said clynicaly yes. The risk of having the cone is pre-term labor but he says that knock on wood that has not happend to any of the pg women he has done as of yet. Thinks its best to do it at 16 weeks because the baby is developed and the blood supply is best in the 2nd trimester. They will stich my cervix and put me on bed rest for at least 2 weeks. I am scared but deep down I know that everything will be OK. gotta have faith.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: scheduled for a Cone Biopsy

glorydaz, I am glad you had a good meeting with the gyn-oncologist and that you now have a plan of action. I just wanted to let you know that I just read on another site a message from a lady who was also dx'd with adenocarcinoma in situ at fifteen weeks and had TWO cone biopsies during her pregnancy. She was induced early to have the baby. Anyway, I just wanted to pass that positive message along to you, to let you know that it can be done successfully. I hope this helps a little bit. I'll be thinking of you!

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
(female)

glorydaz HB User

That does help to hear that. Thanks Karen. I wish I could actually talk to her but I know you can't pass that information on. But it does help.

Old 01-07-2006, 07:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

I'm going to see what I can do, maybe I can get her to come here....

Karen

Old 01-08-2006, 09:42 AM   #5
(female)

glorydaz HB User

Thank you. It would be great to talk with someone else who has been through it.

Closed Thread