It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #1
(female)

tinker_belle HB User
Bleeding 5 days post leep?

Hi,
I had a leep done on Wednesday afternoon and came home feeling crampy, but had no bleeding. My doctor mentioned I'd have discharge -watery, mustardish looking or spotting, but should not be more than a period. I have had watery discharge since Wed night and on Friday, I began to have the mustardish discharge which he said would be the monsel's solution -there was some clotting, gooey pieces mixed-in but not very heavy. That stopped and I went back to just a watery discharge but today I passed a very large (size of a quarter) blood clot and have had some bleeding since. Again, not heavy, but it makes me nervous since I had not bled prior to this. I'm waiting for the doctor's service to call me back, but that can take up to 3 hours, so I was hoping someone here might have some experience they can share. I'm pretty freaked out and would appreciate any help.
thanks

MJ

Old 01-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: Bleeding 5 days post leep?

I think they start to get worried when you are bleeding so much that you are soaking a pad an hour for more than a few hours. If this is happening, or if you have a very foul odor or fever, you should go to emergency.

Is it possible you may be getting an early period?

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-08-2006, 03:18 PM   #3
(female)

tinker_belle HB User

I'm on birth control pills and still in an active pill week; my period isn't due to start for another 12 days, so I don't think that's what it is. It's tapered off quite a bit and I have no odor or fever, just slight cramps. I was on my feet more today than any day since, so I'm wondering if that might have been a factor
MJ

Old 01-08-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

Glad to hear it is tapering off for you. That's a good thing! Certainly being on your feet more could be the culprit, I think you should still mention this to your doc just to be on the safe side, but i think you are okay

Karen

Old 01-09-2006, 04:38 AM   #5
(female)

tpagm HB User

I also bled some after my leep. It is completely normal. I had discharge and/or bleeding for a good 3 weeks after my leep. It was never a foul odor and I was told it was completely normal. Good luck and try to stay positive. Everybody reacts differently to the procedure so as long as you are not filling a pad like karen32 said and there is no foul smell you should be ok. If you still think that something is just not right...definitely call your doctors office.

GOOD LUCK

Closed Thread