It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM   #1
(female)

rav4grl HB User
Where do I start? Going crazy!

Will try to make a long story short. I started in November with frequent urination..felt like I had a bladder infection....no burning when I urinated though. I also felt alot of bladder pressure. I could not get an appointment with any gyno here (florida)so I was recommended to go to a walkin medical place....I saw a doc there and she did a urinalysis...(also had a pap smear done)no infection showed up..now I started to get worried. She told me to come back in 2 weeks. When I went back she did another urine test...this time she said I had some infection.she gave me an antibiotic for five days and told me to come back in 2 weeks....and ordered an sonogram of my pelvic and abdomen. When I went back she gave me he results of the sonogram...everything showed normal except for a cyst on my left ovary..she told me not to worry...yea right! No results of pap smear at that app. The next day I got a call from her office that my pap smear came back not normal and she called in a prescrip for vaginal metro gel...which I used for 5 nights...that and the antibiotic did nothing. I have a hardness below my belly button area (abdomen?)and am very bloated there...still have frequent urination...constipation... and i cannot eat alot at a time....I get full eating half of my small dinner. Something is wrong...where do I got now? Urologist? Gastroenterologist? Have a colonoscopy done? What could be wrong? I have alot of symptoms of ovarian cancer and am very worried. These docs are useless! Pleas help?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2006, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

serenity26 HB User
Re: Where do I start? Going crazy!

Could be irritable bowel syndrome (gas, constipation, hardness/swollen belly). Its so hard to tell what's what in there...everythings so dam close together! Just keep pursuing doctors and asking questions.

Old 01-29-2006, 01:07 PM   #3
(female)

imoan HB User

Hi Rav4,
I urge you to keep asking the doctors until you get a good answer. You do seem to have all the symptoms of ovarian cancer. Suggest a CT scat of the abdomen. Get more opinions. You really need to see a Gyn Oncologist who knows what to look for. Good luck

Old 01-30-2006, 07:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

It could be many things so don't worry yet and at your age especially. I would see a gynocologist and have them order a CT scan as someone said or an ultrasound to see about the cyst. Many cysts for premenapausal women can go away but it should be followed up on. I would think after that you GYN Dr. would refer you to someone depending on what they think. I personally don't think it is time for an oncology/gyn but that is your decision. I would think a good GYN could help most now. They symptoms you have could be one of many things, some not so serious but the cyst does need to be checked in to.

Old 02-03-2006, 05:47 PM   #5
(female)

imoan HB User

I agree that you should keep the worry till after you find out what you have. I do ,however, still think that seeing an GYN/Oncologist doesn't mean that you have cancer. They just look at the symptoms in a very different way than a
regular,albeit,good GYN.Keep in touch, Imoan

Closed Thread