It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #1
(female)

daisy01 HB User
Unhappy 1st appointment and really scared

Tomorrow I have an appt with gyne consultant. In june 2005 I was diagnosed with having a 2cm cyst on right ovary and 2.5cm cyst on the left.
I have hypothyroidism and have regular blood tests to check that my thyroid meds are doing their job. The last one came back saying that I had a high white cell count. I dont seem to have an infection and i am definately not pregnant(hysterctomy 3 and half yrs ago for a large fibroid)and now very worried that they think I have ovarian cancer.
I am awaiting reults of CEA test, which i believe is a test for cancer in general.
I have had alot of bowel problems, bloating constipation, watery stools flatulence etc since a bowel resection 15 months ago esp a feeling of fullness just below my right rib cage. My resection was due to having adhesions wrap themselves around my small bowel making it necrotic.
can anyone tell me what tests I can expect to be done? tomorrow is just a consultation by the way.
I lost my sister 6 yrs ago at the age of 45 to liver and pancreatic cancer and I am now in a state of sheer panic as I am 42.
I would welcome any support/advice from anyone.

thanks

Old 01-11-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
(female)

sar_nicky HB User
Re: 1st appointment and really scared

I'm just starting this process tomorrow too... I have all the symptoms and have previously had ovarian cysts which did not show up on ultra sound... I have no idea what the tests are like.. tomorrow i'm having an ultrasound, and possibly some blood work.. I'll feel relived when i know!

Good luck to you!.. my best advice i can give you is to try not to worry too much.. I know it's hard, but worrying isn't going to make it any better... Trust in your Doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-12-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
(female)

daisy01 HB User

Hiya sar_nicky, how did you get on today?
the consultant has taken some bloods for CA125, CA199, liver and renal function tests and also some for the menopause.
I have got to have a trans vaginal scan too. He thinks I most probably have poly cystic ovaries rather than ovarian cancer, i feel relieved(almost)
he cannot believe that the other drs have scared the life out of me on the basis of one scan as they cysts may of been pre ovulation ones. quite literally
"the wrong time of the month"
please let me know how you got on
take care
daisy

Old 01-25-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Canyondweller HB UserCanyondweller HB User

It is my understanding that as long as you are still menstrating that cysts are fairly common and they don't worry that much. I just posted about mine becaue I am 69 and a cyst was found which is more worrisome as it is atypical. From what I am reading I am beginning to understand why the ultrasound did not pick it up. It sounds like they are not very accurate even when they know what they are looking for. Mine was Transvaginal. I don't know anything about the CA199 but the CA125 is not very accurate which it is why it is not used more.

Closed Thread