It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2006, 10:54 AM   #1
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: New Bern, NC, USA
Posts: 1
Rmalek HB User
Now comes the chemo

My mom has had a hysterectomy to get rid of ovaian cancer. The doctor was able to get 95% of it much to our thanks. She still has to have chemotherapy to get rid of the other 5% of it. I have been trying to read up on chemo's side effects and I want my mom to be comfortable. Other than being there for her, what can I do to make things a little easier for her?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:52 AM   #2
Junior Member
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: englewood, nj
Posts: 14
imoan HB User
Re: Now comes the chemo

The surgery part is a lot harder than the chemo part. They have wonderful meds to make it easier to tolerate. If she gets nausious, ask for more or different meds for that. There are a few different ones.Do not let her be a hero, make sure that she takes whatever there is to feel comfortable. She will heal faster that way. She may get tired. Let her listen to her body & rest a lot. Itdoes pass. She will lose her hair. The good thing about that is that she won't have to shave her legs. It does grow back, though, & back to shaving. Do a mental countdown each time she goes & before you know it, it's over. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Family talked me into trying chemo young61 Cancer: Lung 1 11-12-2009 09:52 AM
Chemo after chemo hope I can make it through this stuff santee245 Cancer: Uterine 29 11-11-2009 09:36 PM
I declined chemo & had my ovaries out instead ImateacherandMynameisLynn Cancer: Breast 6 04-09-2008 12:53 PM
What happens next after stopping chemo for extensive sclc? ditter Cancer: Lung 3 12-12-2006 10:17 PM
Starting Chemo on Monday-Reason starting back to work 6/16 & Insurance ?s christy217 Cancer: Colon 28 06-11-2006 07:04 AM

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.


There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added

Top 10 Drugs Discussed on this Board.
(Go to for complete list)
Morphine Motrin


Kali333 (20), STLouisgal (12), SandyMN (11), estria (7), Erie0385 (7), LilyL21 (7), junipersage (6), luvbug412 (4), 33kat (4), sally97 (4)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1180), MSJayhawk (1013), Apollo123 (909), Titchou (856), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (763), ladybud (755), midwest1 (670), sammy64 (668), BlueSkies14 (607)

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:35 PM.

Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!