It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2006, 12:59 PM   #1
(female)

slannie9761 HB User
so many different symptoms, so unsure of what to do

For the last 8 weeks, I have had a variety of symptoms crop up. I finally have a doctor's appointment on Monday.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had similiar symptoms, and if so, what was the result. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to be posting, but with a history of cancer among females on both sides of my family, I do always subconsciously worry it could be that.

-Almost constant spotting (brownish fluid, not blood) for the entire 8 weeks
-Pain in my right leg
-Pain in my abdomen, particularly at the "squishy" part right next to the pelvic bones
-Lower back pain, especially when laying down
-Sudden development of ashthma-like symptoms (wheezing, coughing in the middle of the night, etc.)

If any of this sounds familiar to anyone, please let me know. I want to take full advantage of my doctor appointment on Monday and try to get these problems resolved -- I worry that with so many symptoms, the doctor might just send me away and tell me things will naturally get better with time.

Old 01-27-2006, 02:49 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: so many different symptoms, so unsure of what to do

Sorry, I have not had the same symptoms as what you are describing, but I do think it is a good thing you are going to see the doctor on Monday. My best advice is to write all your symptoms down and hand the list to your doctor (keep a copy for yourself and go through this with your doc). At the very least I hope you are having a pap and pelvic exam done. If your doctor brushes you off, you are not seeing the right doctor. Make sure your concerns are heard. Take someone to the appointment with you. I hope you have a good appointment and get some answers.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2006, 09:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

WannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB UserWannaBeFreeToRoam HB User
Re: so many different symptoms, so unsure of what to do

Hi Slannie,

How old are you? That matters in helping your dr. find out what is wrong with you. He will probably do a vaginal ultrasound. If you are in your 40s, 50s, 60s, and have had children, your leg pain could be caused by Uterine prolapse and/or bladder prolapse (falling down).

The pain in your abdomen, on the far right and far left (lower), could be either, IBS or some other gastro problem or ovarian cysts.

Pain in your lower back, could be the prolapses too. Or, a number of different things.

The respiratory problems, are probably just that. Or allergies!

Be sure and do like Karen said and make a list of problems and questions. Hope you get some help. And I hope that you feel better soon.

Wannabe

Closed Thread