It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2006, 03:46 PM   #1
(female)

88Shadow HB User
Question about visible lesions on cervix

I was just curious if anyone had been told by their health care provider that they could actually "see" lesions on your cervix during a pap smear (not colposcopy). My doc mentioned that at my last pap smear and I asked her if it was normal and she said, oh yeah, they're just like pimples on your cervix. She assured me she would be sure to get cells during the pap smear from those areas as well. My pap came back normal but now I'm wondering about these visible lesions. I did a search on the internet and can't find much and was just curious if anyone else had had this happen? Having had normal/abnormal/normal/abmormal paps for the past couple of years, I'm just paranoid that someones going to miss something. I did have a colposcopy in January of 05 and it came back mild dysplasia. Since then I've had two normal paps and one showing ASCUS (the last one was normal) Thanks in advance!

Old 02-05-2006, 09:26 PM   #2
(female)

Lvnglf HB User
Re: Question about visible lesions on cervix

My two cents worth...

I'd "believe" more the colpo and the 2 paps.

I (no direct insult intended towards any care provider) find in any profession, whether lawyer, vet, police officer, anything,,,,if you get that "professional" on a "bad" day, they might not see things the right way, or more so, might not think before they speak. I hope this makes sense to you. It sounds to me, like that comment was derived from a "bad" day. A comment spoken without thinking.

If she said pimples,,,could be warts, but at colpo, they sure would of seen that for sure.

Take care 88Shadow

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #3
(female)

88Shadow HB User

I agree. I've decided to go back to my ob/gyn and get a second opinion. I figure it never hurts to get someone else's opinion on things. I'm due for the next 3 month pap next month and I decided to go to him to get it done as well as get his take on things. Thanks for the advice.

Old 02-24-2006, 11:27 PM   #4

lobo1977 HB User

My gyn actually showed me the biopsy - ew, I know, but it was interesting, it comes up on the little tv screen! It depends on the type of lesion, but it didnt look like dots for me, it was just discoloration (white) here and there - kind of like when you are sick and part of your tounge and throat gets all white and gross (sorry , ew )

I also agree those words /comments are ridiculous. I would actually suggest finding someone that does the exams w/ the tv thing - it was really good to see the areas, and understand what this looks like, it just made me more 'informed' and in turn made me feel a little better.

Old 02-25-2006, 06:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

Hi my friend Shadow have you had the HPV test run? If not may I suggest to have that run. Im not sure what else causes pimples on the cervix but I do know that does. Of course unless you are like me with no visible lesions and normal paps and have HPV.

I would think that if the colposcopy is clear and the paps are normal then it may just be nothing.

K

Old 02-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #6
(female)

88Shadow HB User

I do have high risk HPV and I just went to another doc for a second opinion. She told me the same thing <whew> that it was simple cysts like pimples on my cervix. I've had two colposcopies and biopsies both with mild dysplasia. My last pap was normal but it freaked me out when my doctor said I had these "visible" lesions. Anyway, now I know she was on target and that they're nothing to worry about. This new doctor did recommend that I get a small bump that I'd found on the outside biopsied <ow!> and I'm hoping that's nothing. She said it takes about a week but she wasn't too concerned. It seems like every time I turn around something else is going on down there. At any rate she said to just keep up the pap smears and I should be fine.

Closed Thread