It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2006, 02:50 AM   #1
(female)

SerinaDB HB User
Question about colposcopy/biopsy

I was wondering if anyone else has had a colposcopy where they took a biopsy (sample)?? If so how long did your doctor tell you not to have sex for? The doctor I went to before said one week, but this last doctor told me 3 weeks. 3 weeks seems a bit extreme- and I just now flashed VALENTINES DAY!! It's me and my fiances first. Do you guys think I should just go by the one week or? What have you been told? Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 07:12 AM   #2
(female)

88Shadow HB User
Re: Question about colposcopy/biopsy

I've had two colposcopies with biopsies over the past couple of years and I was told 7 to 10 days both times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2006, 09:10 PM   #3
(female)

tinker_belle HB User

I've had two colpos with biopsies both times and my gyn said no sex, baths or strenous exercise for 3 weeks.
Good luck,
J

Old 02-05-2006, 10:10 PM   #4
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

I know how you feel, particularly with V-day .

If you trust your doctor, trust your instinct.

Right?

Old 02-06-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
(female)

HIM HB User

weird, i had the colposcopy/biopsy done and my doctor said no sex for just the rest of the day and i could resume normal activities the next day.

Old 02-06-2006, 12:11 PM   #6
(female)

Rapunzl32 HB User

I had a colposcopy a couple of months ago, before the LEEP, the doctor took several biopsies as well. She said no sex for a week. There was some bleeding afterward the first time but that was it.

Old 02-06-2006, 04:40 PM   #7
(female)

SerinaDB HB User

It's interesting to see what different doctors say..... I dont see waiting 3 weeks..... Seems a bit long- as long as it seems as though everything seems to be healed and doing good. Thanks for the input and advice.

Old 02-07-2006, 06:40 PM   #8
(female)

nightangel73 HB User

7 to 10 days sounds the most reasonable to me.

Old 02-07-2006, 07:05 PM   #9
(female)

renau2e HB User

I was told to wait a day or two. I'm wondering if maybe the doctor is telling you to wait longer because he took large/multiple samples. I had 2 samples taken during the same biopsy and I had sex 3 days later.
But I still advise you to stick with your doctor, only he knows your situation and what's best for you!

Old 02-08-2006, 04:30 AM   #10
(female)

alikat23 HB User

I had a colposcopy with biopsy done a month ago and was told a week by my gyno. Unfortunatley my LEEP procedure was 5 days later and then i was told to wait 3 weeks. Much to my fiance's and mines dismay aswell!

Old 02-09-2006, 03:27 AM   #11
(female)

designerlover HB User

I was told wait a week after I had my biopsy, but it depends on how comfortable you feel I guess..

Old 02-18-2006, 03:36 PM   #12
(female)

stephcasey20 HB User

Hi. I'm 20. I had a colposcopy a year and a few months ago. They told me no tampons, no sex, no penetration whatsoever for two weeks. I had what looked like coffee grounds coming out of my vagina almost that entire two weeks. Every now and then after the two weeks some more "coffee grounds" would come out. The grounds are the dead cancer cells. (I only had stage 2 cervical dysplasia at the time). I have not done any treatments since then since I don't have insurance, time or the personal motivation. It's not good to stop treatments. Keep them up once you start. I'm sure I'm back to stage 2 or 3 by now of dysplasia. I believe stage 4 was actual cervical cancer.

The treatment was somewhat painful when they froze the cells. Plus it felt funny... PLUS they had to use the smallest pap thingy for my vagina (the one used for 13 yr olds) but then when the actual treatment took place they didn't pamper me with that. They had to open me up all the way it felt like to me. It was painful since I'm so small. Afterwards I had a really nice CLEAN feeling! OHHHH it felt so good afterwards.. better than an orgasm actually! I know that sounds immature.. but really the feeling was awesomely CLEAN!

Old 02-20-2006, 09:14 PM   #13
(female)

nightangel73 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcasey20
The treatment was somewhat painful when they froze the cells. Plus it felt funny... PLUS they had to use the smallest pap thingy for my vagina (the one used for 13 yr olds) but then when the actual treatment took place they didn't pamper me with that. They had to open me up all the way it felt like to me. It was painful since I'm so small. Afterwards I had a really nice CLEAN feeling! OHHHH it felt so good afterwards.. better than an orgasm actually! I know that sounds immature.. but really the feeling was awesomely CLEAN!
lol, they do use a bigger speculum for colposcopy.

Old 02-22-2006, 11:30 PM   #14

want2know HB User

tehn,l bat

Last edited by want2know; 03-22-2006 at 09:42 PM.

Old 02-23-2006, 01:07 PM   #15
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

Just had one done on Monday and the doctor said 48 hours. After seeing all theses post I'm starting to think that maybe Doctor's tell you what they think is best for you? Just a thought.

Closed Thread