It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User
Adenocarcinoma N Situ

I am getting more scared the more I research and learn about this. I had a baby in August and had a pap one month after and it came back abnormal so I repeated it and again abnormal. I had a colposcopy and then a cone biopsy since AIS was found as well as squamous cells on the cervix. I visited with two GYN oncologists who both suggested hysterectomy. My husband and I went through years of infertility to finally have our son and we have his siblings on ice and were hoping to try a a frozen transfer this summer. Then this. I am so confused. I am not young and have had a yearly pap for 24 years and all came back normal. Even the one done in March, so how did this come on so fast? After the cone the margins showed clear. The second onc was concerend since he said it was 1mm away from being invasive. I cannot find very much information on this and what I find all says hysterectomy. Mind you my goal is to be 100 so I can see my son grow into a fine man and father someday. So if that is what I need to do then I will do it. But now I am afraid that it may become invasive since August. I go back in two weeks for a follow up pap and fear the results. I was hoping to connect with other women who have been there done that, or are there now. I do not know where to look for support with this issue. Thanks.

Old 02-12-2006, 05:37 PM   #2
(female)

88Shadow HB User
Re: Adenocarcinoma N Situ

I'm sorry I don't have more specific info to offer you - I was hoping someone with actual experience with this would answer but I see no one has. I have done some research and this type of cancer is considered (from what I've read anyway) to be the one type that is more aggresive. The research I've done says it usually takes years for dysplasia to progress to cancer EXCEPT for this type. If you've gotten a second opinion and you have confidence in your docs, I'd listen to them. You could always go for another opinion if you feel you need it. You are right - the one child you have needs you now and will need you in the future. My prayers are with you that you will have peace with whatever decision you make. I'm so sorry this is happening. Cancer is unfair and unrelenting. All we can do is fight our hardest!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-12-2006, 09:32 PM   #3
(female)

Lvnglf HB User

I speak for all who read your post when I say, you will be in my prayers.

Your post was for sure, an honest, open, hard to post.

I'm simply replying to share my beliefs.

I believe your mind does help control your body.

Stress depresses the immune system.

From my understanding you can have certain types of HPV's for years,,,without any complications. Until your body has a depressed immune system, then,,,,,smack!

My personal two cents worth, try not to research "cervical cancer". Instead consider researching diet. Day spas, relaxing outings, cruises, ect. It's amazing the results of a positive outlook.

I know it's hard.

We are here for you. Keep us posted, lean on us when need be.

Personaly, I would wait for a hyst. from what you've typed, and would do my dang best to start a new outlook and try to "fix" this, in a different way first.
Diet, outlook, and stress. within 3-4 weeks,,,,,it's amazing what the mind can do for a body.

I'm no doctor. They know what's best for you.

(I'm native,,, I belive in "different healing". )

I believe in strenght (you have LOTS -for posting.

You go girl Build your immune system up,,,,,,CLEAR PAP results in 2.5weeks

Old 02-13-2006, 05:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

Thank you for your thoughts and comments.

88Shadow I have not found that infomation about this type of pre-cancer being that aggressive, but I wouldn't doubt it is. That is what scares the hell out of me. I have met some women on another web site that had this and all seemed to go on to have additional children before hysterectomy or never had to have one. I am way to worried these days and just wish I would have opted for one back in November. The one oncologist said I should be OK waiting until after my neck surgery and that it shouldn't become invasive by then. I will know more in 10 days and God willing it is OK but if not I will schedule one ASAP.

LVNgnf I wish I could just relax. I have so much going on with a 6m baby who does not sleep through the night so neither have I, my neck injury and that pain and now this. I try. It seems I go through days of feeling Ok about things and then others like now that I am totally frightened about things. All I can do is pray pray pray.

Old 02-14-2006, 09:01 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

** I did get a second opinion and they basically said the same thing. I was told that if I waited for the hyterectomy until after my neck surgery I should be OK. So I am hoping and praying it is. I go in 10 days for a follow up and that will speak volumns to what is next. I never in my life thought I would face anything to do with C. I have no family history and have basically been a good decent girl. It goes to show it doesn't matter how good or well you live your life stuff just happens. I will type in what you said and see that it says.

K

Old 02-15-2006, 06:36 PM   #6
(female)

smiles404 HB User

Hi there,
I really hope things turn out well for you. Ihad four paps done this year all of them fine until December, overnight It happened that I had invasive cervical cancer. One week ago today I had a radical hsterectomy and it is not the best thing. I really hope you can have another baby and things turn out well and just to let you know your not the only one out there where these stupid things happen overnight!

Old 02-16-2006, 10:56 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Backinthesaddle HB User

Thanks Smiles. Did the doctors give you any idea if it will come back in a different location, did it get into your lymphs? I think it is so odd that this thing can happen so fast.

Closed Thread