It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2006, 12:41 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User
pelvic ultrasound ordered due to elevations in blood work

Hello
I had bloodwork done less than a wk ago, for my hormones, my doctor called this morning, and ordered a pelvic ultrasound, due to elevations in my bloodwork. She did not elaborate, she called and scheduled it for this Thursday.. What could this mean ???

Old 02-15-2006, 11:51 AM   #2
(female)

pams37 HB User
Re: pelvic ultrasound ordered due to elevations in blood work

Helllo Cvoor,
Guess what??
I too have to go and see the doctor who deals with hormones.
I kept telling every-one(doctors,my family)that since Sept I lost 30 pounds and pain in Pelvic area.Then in Oct I had swelling of sex organ(it's stilll swelled)even more and I also have an infection there too(which doctors don't know what it is)
They take sample of discharge and some-times the lab writes back that they don't recognize discharge(I had it sent to the lab I swear like 5 times)the last time they sent it there was in Dec and it finally said Pus Cells(what ever that means)I mean they stilll did not say what I can take to get rid of the infection.But the infection never did hurt since it's been there right after the swelling of groin gland.I think once the swelllings gone then maybe the darn discharge willl be gone too.So it does not hurt.Just a very very very bad smelll.That's alll the problems I have with it(thank goodness)I would go nuts if they left it this long being in pain.Then I would definately go to the hospital and make them get the darn infection out of me.
I had a Hormonal imbalance in 1990,I was like 20 years old tooo then.So I was elevated with alll male hormones(just a bit elevated)and they told me to go on the pilll.They said then I would be better.
But I know being on the pilll did nothing for me(I was stilll moody)that's alll to do with hormones.
But I am so upset with my old doctor.I read the report he did on me like back in 1990.
You know what they wrote.The people who did my blood work in 1990 wrote to my doctor saying I have Cushing's Syndrome(becuase my body was exposed tooo long with Cortisol)they say a lot of people take that drug.But I never had too.My body always let it out.
So my doctor never ever ever told me about Cushing's.I just knew I had an imbalance.But he told me once I got off the pill I should be better and back to normal.WHATEVERRR.
Now my body has alll the Markings for Cushing's Disease(the worse one to get)
So tomorrow I go and see the hormone doctor and I'm hoping she can help me and get my body back to normal.Alll my hormones are elevated.All my glands(even my Pancreas)is getting damaged.Even my Liver from the hormonal imbalance.Now I have a Fattty liver and pain alll on right side of abdomen.From liver to actuallly my ribs.
So maybe for you they want to check your groin glands(that is part of hormones)
In Sept they checked mine and they said that my groin gland let out Nabothian cysts(they said my uterus was made of Nabothian cysts)
But I keep tellling these doctors that I think people who did ultrasound screwed up.
All I know is when you have cysts in uterus it should not hurt.If it does it needs to be looked into.Nooo one did for me.So I honestly think some-thing bad is going on in my whole body.But I'm hoping now some action willll come my way with the hormone doctor.
That's good you are seeing a Hormone doctor.I heard they are just as good as the regular doctors.Take care and stay strong.I willl keep you updated.
See ya.
Pamela

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Yes I'll let you know what they say, she did mention cysts, so that's probably what it is.

Old 02-22-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

cvoor HB User

Doctor just called wants to see me tommorrow, wouldn't give me results over phone, should I be concerned ??
Is there always a follow up....??

Closed Thread