It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #1
(female)

davephillyj HB User
Red face No PAP in 15yrs. This PAP was black

I know I'm being graphic, but, I wanted it to catch all eyes as fast as possible. My friend went to the Dr. one day last week for a PAP after I pushed her to. She is white and around 53 to 55. She has had heavy bleeding for a while now.She hadn't had one since '91. She confessed today, after her Dr. called and said that there is cancer, that the sample they took during the PAP was black. They also want to do some kind of test for the back of her abdominal. She doesn't have the internet, so I wanted to look and see what I can find. I'm not going to give her ANY medical advise or even tell her anything that may.........I'll let her hear everything from her Dr. But, can anyone tell me anything about this. Thanks Felicia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: No PAP in 15yrs. This PAP was black

Hi Felicia,

I've not heard of this happening before, so I can't give you any answers or even point you in any direction for information - I'm so sorry I'm not sure, have you looked up cervical ectropion (a benign condition)? Good for you for encouraging her to go to the doctor and get this checked out! She is very lucky to have a friend who cares enough about her to do that! I hope that you will also consider attending appointments with her to help her with any results that she might get. I wish you and your friend well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread