It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2006, 03:11 PM   #1

want2know HB User
Unhappy etc one two

tehn,l bat

Last edited by want2know; 03-22-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Old 02-27-2006, 09:29 PM   #2
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User
Re: Biopsy came back CIN1 and CIN2. Please help me.

I had a lesion that was CIN 1 and 2 - my Doctor described it as progressing to 2. He also said that it could just depend on who reads the test results. Some lab techs classify it as one and another could classify it as the other.

I had it removed with a leep, my Doctor wanted to make sure we got it all (deep enough) and cryo might not get it all. He also told me that multiple leeps could ruin your fertility, but chances were minimal with one. You may just need to be monitored more closely during pregnancy. Besides the leep provides tissure to be sent to the lab. They can see if they got it all. You can't do that with cryo.

It's natural to be scared, none of this is a natural process. We are all here for you on these boards, going through it with you.

Goodluck and best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2006, 09:56 PM   #3

want2know HB User

tehn,l bat

Last edited by want2know; 03-22-2006 at 08:37 PM.

Old 02-28-2006, 09:11 AM   #4
(female)

angelique5 HB User

I had CIN I, that progressed to CIN III within 3 months, and had a LEEP procedure...that was back in the summer of 2001. Now, it wasn't in my plans...but by that October, I was pregnant!! The pregnancy went completely normally... no problems at all. And as far as the dysplasia... no recurrance for me (but I am still being watched for it with more frequent paps, as it's due to having a strain of HPV that causes the dysplasia...grr).

Good luck... take a deep breath... I'm sure everything will be ok!!

Old 02-28-2006, 11:56 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

That's great the biopsy only showed CIN 1-2, and there was no canal involvement! I am not sure the LEEP affects your fertility, however there is a small risk it may affect your ability to carry a baby. The LEEP removes a chunk of tissue from your cervix - the amount of cervix removed varies on the cell changes/size/doctor preference. If there are concerns with the length of your cervix after you become pregnant, they would do a stitch (called a cerclage) to keep it from opening. Many women have had a cerclage and not only because they have had a procedure done to removed dysplasia. Also, there is a very, very minor risk of stenosis where the cervix might be affected by scar tissue from the procedure that may prevent the cervix from dilating during labor. this would mean you would deliver via c-section versus natural delivery.

My suggestion is to continue educating yourself about the risk vs. benefits of the LEEP procedure. Talk to your doctor more about why he wants to do the LEEP, make sure he understands how important being able to carry a baby is to you. From what I've read, the risk of complications are minimal, doesn't mean they can't happen, but statistically I believe they are rare. Probably the possibility of the dysplasia progressing to a higher level is more probable than the complications of the procedure. Good luck with your decision.

Old 02-28-2006, 02:14 PM   #6
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

want2know... My leep was in September of 2004. It took care of the problem for me for awhile. I had a year of clean paps afterwards. Unfortunatley it seems that I have a persistant strain of HPV and I had a low grade change pap come back last month. They did the colpo, bio, and ecc last week, he found a small spot. I'm still awaiting the results to see what treatment option would be best.

I haven't had any children yet. I'm only 24 and am not totally decided on if I want any. I guess I'll have to wait and see what the future holds.

I'm so sorry about what happened to your mother. I fear that is what will end up happening to me. But I must try to think positive. I know - very difficult in these times. Have you talked with your doctor yet? Keep us posted.

*By the way - I wasn't thinking about it when I typed last night, a leep doesn't affect your fertility, it affects your cervix and ability to carry a baby to term. Thanks!

Old 02-28-2006, 08:20 PM   #7

want2know HB User
ksknnps skk

tehn,l bat

Last edited by want2know; 03-22-2006 at 08:38 PM.

Old 03-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #8
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

Looks like I'm in the same boat as you so to speak. I heard from the Doctors today and he said the spot is low grade changes, but he wants to leep it to get rid of it right away. The good news is that the ecc came back negative. When is your leep scheduled for? Mine is two weeks from tomorrow.

Thats great that you don't have HPV. My case has never been confirmed, but he said he's sure I have it since it's being persistant. I totally agree with your assesement of the cervical roulette as you called it. I'd feel 100% better doing this if I knew for sure it would take care of the problem and never come back. I'd rather have a treatment that would help my immune system fight it. I know that they don't know for sure about the new vaccine helping those of us that have it, but I don't think it can hurt. Maybe it will be what your body needs to put the virus away for good? I wish they would get that on the market ASAP!

Goodluck with everything and I'll be taking my 40,000 vitamins right along with yours. By the way, what are you taking?

Old 03-09-2006, 12:26 PM   #9

want2know HB User

tehn,l bat

Old 03-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #10

want2know HB User

tehn,l bat

Old 03-09-2006, 06:00 PM   #11
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

Hey! Glad the leep went well for you, one more week till mine. I wish it was over already. How are you feeling physically? I know it's hard emotionally till you receive the results. Still, even after that it's never easy. I long for the days I went to the gyno once a year as well .

I've heard about cervaplexx in the past, where do you buy it at? I didn't see it at Walmart, but I haven't looked in vitamin stores yet. I just want to get this out of my system so I don't have to go though this ever again. Well I hope you get great results!

Old 03-09-2006, 06:13 PM   #12

want2know HB User

tehn,l bat

Old 03-10-2006, 07:04 AM   #13
(female)

88Shadow HB User

In addition to Cerviplex, there are other vitamins you can take that have been proven to boost your immune system. See my post on Using Vitamins and Minerals to reverse cervical dysplasia. It's probably down the list quite a ways by now. I've been through two courses of this regime and my next pap isn't till June so we'll see if it eradicated the persistent strain of HPV from affecting the cells or not. After each three month course, I had a normal pap but the one in between came back ASCUS. I know you never get rid of it but if your immune system can fight off the virus you should start having normal paps again. When I'm not on this particular regime, I still take a very good mix of vitamins by Life Extension as well as Cerviplex. Cerviplex is also known as Indole-3 Carbinole. I've found it at a pharmacy that specializes in formulating drugs and doing natural hormone replacement as well. Also note that smoking is a HUGE risk for those of us battling HPV as well as having sex with a smoker. The carcinogens get into the man's semen and bathing your cervix with them is a bad idea. If your significant other smokes - insist on condoms. Hope I don't sound too radical but I've done a ton of research and this is what I've learned.

Old 03-10-2006, 03:07 PM   #14
(female)

Sugarhi16 HB User

Thanks for the well wishes and helpful information. I'll look up your post Shadow. I want to have a good vitamin regime to help my body fight the virus so I can return to normal paps again.

I do not smoke, but my boyfriend did. I think he may be a huge factor in why this is being persistant. He is in the process of quitting. He's using the gum for the cravings. I am going to insist on condoms till he is done for good. I have a question though, in your research do you know if him using nicotine gum would have any affect on his semen? Since he's not inhaling all the other harmful ingredients? Just wondering - Thanks!

Old 03-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #15

want2know HB User

tehn,l bat

Last edited by want2know; 03-22-2006 at 08:39 PM.

Closed Thread