It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2006, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

88Shadow HB User
Thumbs up Good news on my biopsy!

I am SO relieved. I had a biopsy a week and a half ago of a lump I'd found on the outside. (And this after going through a couple of years of abnormal paps and biopsies of my cervix!). It made me re-evaluate just where it would be worse to have cancer! Not that I want it anywhere but I did some internet research - something I'd recommend strongly against because it freaks you out - and I found that HPV also increases your risk of vulva cancer. Great! Just what I need! And I didn't even know you could get cancer there! Anyway, I did get a second opinion when my primary doctor told me not to worry about this lump and the second doc said "Now THIS I would definitely biopsy!". Talk about "Ouch". She told me it would take about a week and I've been dying about a thousand deaths waiting to hear from her. I finally broke down and called today and after several more hours of interminable waiting, I got a call from the nurse and she said they'd mailed me out a letter saying it had been a benign cyst. Whew! I have to say that I wasn't very happy that she didn't bother to phone me! This was a wake up call for me though that it's important to get ANY unusual changes checked out right away and I'm becomming a firm believer in insisting on a biopsy of anything that suddenly appears. Anyway, just thought I'd share my happy news!

Old 03-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #2

want2know HB User
Re: Good news on my biopsy!

That is wonderful news. I am so happy for you! Enjoy the rest of your day. You've earned it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2006, 07:11 PM   #3
(female)

tinker_belle HB User
Re: Good news on my biopsy!

Great news - and great advice!
8-)

Closed Thread