It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 07:18 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Kimah5202 HB User
colp but no biopsy

i had a colp but no biopsy awhile ago and never heard from my doctor again. im supposed to go back in 3 monthes but since then i have moved to another state so i will have to find a new doc. when they do a colp are they testing for anything? or is it just looking around in there. my doctor never really explained anything to me, just gave me some birth control and sent me on my way but told me to come back in 3 monthes. my question is what do they test for in a colp other than just looking around in there. thanks
kim

Old 03-15-2006, 12:17 PM   #2
(female)

tpagm HB User
Re: colp but no biopsy

How come you had a colpo? Did you have an abnormal pap smear? Dsyplasia?
Normally you get a colpo if you have an abnormal pap smear. I have had to colpo and my doctor took biospies and looked around. You should call your old doctor and find out what he did and why he did not take any biospies? He may not have seen anything that concerned him and decided not to take any biospies...however, you need to listen to him and make an appt to see another doctor. If you have CIN I or mild dsyplasia your body can typically heal itself however, that is not always the case and you need to have it monitored otherwise it can turn into CIN II or III and you will have to get further treatments like a LEEP or Cone. Please just go to your follow up appts. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2006, 04:22 PM   #3
(female)

armslee HB User

Usually the colposcopy is because your paps came back abnormal with changes. So they do this procedure to get a closer look.
Biopsies are only necessary if they find something.

Old 03-17-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

lovethoscurls HB User

If you didn't have to have a biopsy that is a good thing. It means everything looked ok and they didn't see a need to.

Closed Thread