It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2006, 07:37 PM   #1
(female)

Katharine2 HB User
having children after pre cancerous cells

I had precancerous cells removed and have had one normal pap 3 months later but still have some abnormal cells and am waiting to have another pap in May. I am wondering how this will affect me later in life when I try to have children. I need an answer!

Old 03-17-2006, 06:14 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lovethoscurls HB User
Re: having children after pre cancerous cells

You shouldn't have any problems having children later on. How did they remove the cells?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-17-2006, 07:04 AM   #3
(female)

ilovesporty HB User

I'm in a similar situation. I had cervical cancer removed via 2 conservative cone biopsies. My onc got it all out and has cleared me to start trying to have a baby in 6 weeks. I just had the last cone 3/1/06. He says that there are occasional difficulties carrying a baby to term, but they can just put a cerclage in place (to keep the cervix from dialating). If you've had a LEEP or cyro, you shouldn't have any problems. Talk with your doc if you're concerned.

Good luck!

Old 03-20-2006, 09:23 AM   #4
(female)

angelique5 HB User

The way the cells were removed creates different situtations...of course with the cone biopsies, much deeper tissue is taken, whereas the LEEP, only a layer, like 5mm, for example.

I had a baby after having the LEEP...actually, he was my 5th baby...there was only ONE difference, and I honestly don't know if it was related to the LEEP at all, but all of my other labors went quite quickly, but with my last one, I just didn't dilate well... I never got past 3cm until I finally asked for an epidural, and that relaxed my body enough to dilate. :::shrug:::

With the cone biopsies, if there are complications, they can now do a "cerclage" during pregnancy, where they basically lace up your cervix and tie it shut, so there's no premature dilation.

Everything should be fine!!! Good luck!!

Old 04-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #5
(female)

Katharine2 HB User

Well its been awhile, but thanks for the answers!! I am having my second pap check up in may and I'm praying that it will be normal. Had some mild displaysia that they have to watch but everything should be fine. How many ppl had normal paps after cryotherapy?

Old 04-26-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

cocoeyes HB User

I had one after the freezing of the cells. Didn't think it would work but it also takes time for the cells to go away. When I had the procedure during the summer of 2005, I got another pap smear in 4 months and the abnormal cells were still there . Of course they didn't find anything during the clolop procedure, (I hate getting those).

I don't think my doctor gave me enough time to heal. So dont worry and don't stress about the cells returning back to normal if you are going to have the procedure. I believe it takes time for the cervix to heal.

Children shouldn't be a probably unless you've had multiple procedures. Even females with cone operations have had healthy babies carrying full term.

Old 04-27-2006, 03:13 AM   #7
(female)

tunwells HB User

Hello - I was CIN 3, had 2 treatments: 1 cold coagulation, and 1 loop diathermy, and have since gone on to have my first child with no problems, although I did have a couple of light bleeds after sex in week 7 and week 9 of the pregnancy, which they think came from my cervix and were prob because it has scar tissue -Good luck!

Closed Thread