It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #1
(female)

gabbygal HB User
Thumbs up ovarian cancer survivors?

Hello to all here! Anyone in need of support for this ovarian cancer stuff? I am a survivor going on 10 years now stage 4. Be well ladies, Jan

Old 04-13-2006, 03:54 PM   #2

Polinka HB User
Re: ovarian cancer survivors?

Hey! I was just brousing through the board and found your thread. Wow! 10 years - you go girl! I think it is so very kind of you to suggest your help .
If you can find it in your heart to share your story, I would be SO very grateful. How do you survive ovarian cancer? How do you find out you have one? What are the syptoms, what to look out for? I have read somwhere that ovarian cancer is a silent killer, but hearing from people like you, makes me believe that there is hope and there are ways to katch this damn thing early.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2006, 03:55 PM   #3

Polinka HB User

Last edited by Polinka; 04-13-2006 at 03:56 PM.

Old 04-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #4
(female)

serendipity02 HB User

Good questions Polinka; I would love to hear the answers also. Thanks for bringing it up and congratulations gabbygal.

Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #5
(female)

SheilaJ HB User

Hi. I'm new to message boards and just came across your message. It's great that you're a 10-year survivor. Do you mean you had stage 4 at the time of your diagnosis? My mom is being treated now for the 3rd time. She is currently in the hospital because of unbearable itching, which actually manifested before this latest bout of cancer. Right now it's the thing that is the worst--she's so miserable she soon won't care about fighting the cancer. They have her there to try and figure out what's going on and have been trying one drug after another.

Old 05-22-2006, 08:59 AM   #6
(female)

shirleyz HB User
Thumbs up Re: ovarian cancer survivors?

I'm new to this posting stuff. Anyway, I was diagnosed with Ovarian cancer stage 3c dec 2004. June 7th will be one year of remission. I still don't have any eyebrows and my hair is still very thin on top and baby fine. I keep thinking if I tan the top of my head then it might look like I have more hair. LOL

Last edited by shirleyz; 05-22-2006 at 09:00 AM.

Closed Thread