It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #1
(female)

karlavegas HB User
Need help understanding what this all means

I am 36 and have been experiencing abdominal pain on both the right and left side for months. Over the past several months my period only lasted about 1 to 2days and now I am not having a period at all, 6 weeks late- not pregnant although I look it as my belly is so bloated. I have trouble sleeping and when I lie down my body aches. During my sleep I have night sweats. I finally had an ultrasound this morning. Before we started the test the tech told me that my doctor would have the results by the end of the week and that I would be in and out pretty quick. During the test I thought something maybe wrong because the tech kept asking me unusual questions. I asked and she said you are going to need to talk options with your doctor. Then after the test the tech explained that she wanted the radiologist to call my doctor while I waited in the waiting room. After about 25 minutes she came and told me that they were not able to reach him, but to call him later today to check in as they were going to keep trying. I called him and found out he was out on vacation. Mean while I asked the nurse for the radiology report and she faxed it to me. It shows Complex cystic masses in the ovaries bilaterally. The complex cyst measure 40x24x33mm and 15x16x12mm in the right and 12x10x11mm and 16x13x12 in left. It also states Mutifocal bilateral overran hemorrhagic cyst and slightly prominent heterogeneous uterus compatible with mutifocal leiomyoomatous change. Does anyone know what this means? I wont be able to talk to my doctor until Friday afternoon at the earliest. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated. Trying not to be worried, but I am. Thanks!

Last edited by karlavegas; 03-22-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2006, 12:16 AM   #2
(female)

texan1771 HB User
Re: Need help understanding what this all means

Hello First off,TRY not to worry!!! I know thats impossiable to do,but try to i had cervical cancer and survived and when I was reading your post before you reported about the ultrasound I thought it sounded like the ovaries...... Now I know the Dr. will order a bioposy they did mine under general anesthesia to see if the cysts are malignant,while I was doing my radiation treatments I met ALOT of ovarian patients.... and the digonosis process is the same as cervical...

BUT hopefully they could be JUST cysts
that would be great!!!! they have all different ways to get rid of them!!!

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers BUT please keep me posted when you find out something I will be waiting to see what the dr. says on friday

God Bless and take care of yourself,Ginger

Last edited by texan1771; 03-23-2006 at 12:17 AM.

Closed Thread