It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
(female)

Tjay718 HB User
Question missing period/bacterial vaginosis

Hi everyone I wanted to know if anyone can help me with my probelm. I have not had a period ever since december 2005. On top of that I have bacterial vaginosis. I went to my doctor on numerous occasions to get treatment for it. The bv has still not gone away. I heard from a iridologist, that bv can cause my reproductve system to be inflammed. She told me that's why I probably don't have a period. She gave me these yeast/fungal pills to stop the bv. I have not seen any progress yet. Yesterday I went to the school practioner and she told me that it's going to take at least a month for the pills to probably work. She said just wait and see what happens then, go see a doctor. I don't know what's wrong with me. Why is my period not coming? Can anyone help me with any suggestions. By the way, I know this is probably irrelavent to what was posted above, but my mother died of cervical cancer and I wanted to know if there was a chance that I might get it?

Last edited by Tjay718; 03-23-2006 at 12:57 PM.

Old 03-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User
Re: missing period/bacterial vaginosis

Cervical cancer is not an inherited disease. It is caused by the HPV virus. That virus is sexually transmitted. So there is no reason because your mother had it that you would get it. As long as you keep up on your pap smears you will not get it. It's a very slowing growing virus and the cervical changes are detected through a pap smear before it gets to the cancer stage.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 11:31 AM   #3
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

So does that me that my mother was infected with the HPV virus? Is that why she had cervical cancer?

Old 03-24-2006, 12:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

When I had dysplasia which can turn into cervical cancer my doctor didn't even do a HPV test. He said pretty much all of the cases are from HPV. Did you know that the pap smear is actually designed to find HPV cervical changes and other things? It is possible to have dysplasia without it being HPV but the chances are so low they pretty much assume that's what it is HPV. That's what my doctor told me anyway. It's such a common thing though that my doctor told me 70% of women will have cervical HPV sometime in there lifetime. The only way to completely prevent it is abstinence. That's not practical obviously. It is very slow growing though. The majority of cases the woman hadn't been in for a pap for a few years if it is to the cancer stage. Going in every year is the only way to prevent cervical cancer. They can detect changes and remove them before they turn cancerous. Similar to when someone goes in for a colonoscopy. There is no need for someone to ever get colon cancer either if they get checked out on a regular basis. The polyps that form on the colon can turn into cancer.

Old 03-27-2006, 03:30 PM   #5
(female)

Tjay718 HB User

Thank you for the replies! If I do have polycystic ovarian syndrome, then is that the cause or reason why my BV won't go away? I've tryed the pills they give you for BV at least 6 times in 6 months. Right now am taking yeast/fungal pills.

Closed Thread