It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

Clencher HB User
2nd Opinion good after CT scan report not good

I had a 2nd opinion yesterday. This doctor could feel the cyst - the 1st opinion I got the doctor couldn't find it...1st doctor just read the CT scan - did a painful exam and said lets remove the cyst, the ovary and repair the hernia..... The doctor did a transvaginal Ultrasound and he said that it looks like to him that I have a Hemorrhagic Corpus Luteum cyst. It has shrank since my CT scan 2 weeks ago. It had been 6x5 cm and it is now 4x3.5 cm. He said that he wants to see me back in 2 weeks. If it has not shrank any more he will have various blood test ran to check for any malignancy. He doesn't see any signs from the ultrasound that it is. He believes it is just a benign complex cyst. If it has shrank more, we will schedule the day surgery to remove the remainder of the cyst and my remaining right ovary. I know I will have to begin taking some form of estrogen but I just don't think I can go through this again. The CT scan saying that malignancy could not be ruled out scared me way too much. He said that what the CT scan was showing as a hernia was not very big (1.2 cm - about the end of my pinky) and could be scar tissue from my hysterectomy. He didn't recommend repair right now. The Lipoma he said could be left alone. If in the future it gets bigger to the point that my abdomen looks misshapped, I could have it removed by laposuction. So, I feel that it is all good news and I give God all the praise!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2006, 04:20 PM   #2
(female)

Clencher HB User
Re: 2nd Opinion good after CT scan report not good

I am concerned about having this nausea. I've been feeling sick to my stomach for a little over a week now. Just like another person's post, it is almost like morning sickness, however I feel sick in the mornings, it gets better mid morning and comes back again late afternoon. I have read many a website that says one of the symtoms for a cyst is nausea, but the doctor said that he didn't believe cyst cause your stomach to be upset.... Is there a possibility of a tubal pregnancy even after you have had a hysterectomy and only have one ovary and tube? And if it were a tubal preg., would it show up on the ultrasound, or could the cyst be blocking the view of the ovary and tube? I don't know....I am just sick and tired of being sick and tired! I am trying to be thankful for the good news I have gotten, but it is hard when you still don't feel good.

Old 03-26-2006, 05:12 PM   #3
(female)

kitkatD HB User
Re: 2nd Opinion good after CT scan report not good

((Hugs)) Sorry, I don't have much advice on cysts. My mother had a grapefruit-sized one in her ovary & they took her entire ovary out. I think I have had cyclical cysts that come & go, but I've never had ultrasounds or any other tests. My Dr. just said they were normal for some women. Anyway, I hope you talk to your Dr. about your concerns. Call the nurse tomorrow & leave a message. Schedule another appt. to put your worries to rest. Good luck!

Closed Thread