It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2006, 07:47 PM   #1
(female)

kitkatD HB User
Is this how most Drs. feel post-LEEP?

I am beginning to not trust my Dr. after researching on the Internet. Due to me having a positive ECC for CINIII/CIS, I have found that the best way to eliminate this is with a cold-knife biopsy. I had the LEEP (couple of passes).

I had the LEEP exactly ONE week ago & my Dr. said if I haven't already had sex...that I can go ahead & start!! Anyone else think that is STRANGE?

Oh, & the last comment he made was "Lucky you didn't need a hysterectomy. Sometimes these come back more invasive than originally thought." Now why didn't he even mention this before? Every time I asked if they didn't get everything, I would always get, "I'm sure we will" from the nurse. I feel like I can never get a straight answer.

Am I overreacting or would you seriously switch? On the other hand, this Dr. is already very familiar with my case. I wonder how that would impact my care if I switched...

Old 03-24-2006, 10:32 AM   #2
(female)

tpagm HB User
Re: Is this how most Drs. feel post-LEEP?

HMM very interesting. I can't understand why he is saying you can have sex and its only been a week. I had discharge for almost four weeks after my leep and there was no way I was gonna have sex. You need to heal and you should not be having sex while you are healing. You should be waiting four weeks to have sex.
I don't think it is right that he was talking about a hysterectomy especially at an early stage of all of these. There are many treatments that can be done to fix cervical problems.
I would probably switch doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
(female)

kitkatD HB User
Re: Is this how most Drs. feel post-LEEP?

Thanks for replying tpagm! I actually ended up calling my BIL who is also an OB/GYN just to get his take on this & I talked to him tonight.

He basically agreed with you & said that he cannot fathom the idea of having sex in only one week! He is appalled that my dr. would tell me that & told me to wait at the very least 4 weeks. He said he normally tells his patients to wait 6 weeks to ensure maximum healing.

Regarding a hysterectomy, he said that was not needed either since it was not invasive cancer. He also said he would have preferred a cone biopsy in one piece vs. several.

Then he asked me if they would bring me in to check on how well I am healing & I said no. That was another thing that made him scratch his head.

So, after talking it through with someone who also has MY best interests at heart, I think I will look into finding another Dr. Thanks for taking time to respond! Take care.

Closed Thread