It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 09:02 PM   #16
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: Advice Please

I have never had an abnormal pap.....I tested negative for HPV, yet I had my 3rd colpo/biopsy last week for abnormal cells on the cervix. I'm waiting for the results. During an exam 18 months ago my primary care doctor said my cervix looked like it was growing a nodule on it and sent me to a gyn. The gyn determined it was not a nodule, but that my cervix was changing shape and needed to be biopsied. That biopsy showed abnormal cells. I had it checked again 6 months later....still showed a normal pap, the HPV test was negative, but the abnormal cells were still there. I'm told until 2 biopsies in a row show the cells have cleared, I'll need to be biopsied every six months.
So far, no one has mentioned any type of procedure to get rid of the cells.

I can honestly say out of 9 biopsies, I only felt a pinch once, and it was over before I realized I felt it! Compared to the stress I put on myself worrying before every appointment, the biopsy is a piece of cake!

Old 04-10-2006, 08:37 AM   #17
(female)

SLJ16 HB User

I agree that the worrying is worse. I make myself sick basically with the constant worry and panic. the pap came back showing Mild Dysplasia. so i won't know anything further after my colpo on Wed,.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2006, 09:41 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Hey SLJ, I just back from my colpo so the experience is fresh in my mind. I just wanted to let you know that I didn't feel it *at all* this time. She told me I was all done and I was like, "that's it? you did it?"

FYI, I took 2 Aleve an hour beforehand this time and my doc said that probably helped. You may want to do that, too. Last time I did feel a pinch, but this time - not a thing. I hope you have the same experience.

Now I get to wait for the results. Sigh.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:59 AM   #19
(female)

SLJ16 HB User

ilovesporty-thank you for the advice. i guess the HVP thing is just embarrassing to me. I try to eat well and limit my stress. Easier said then done. Thank you for wishing me luck with the colpo. I'm a stress case!

Old 04-10-2006, 11:01 AM   #20
(female)

SLJ16 HB User

timber-thanks for the advice. So it went ok? I'm glad you didn't feel a thing. I hope that I'm as lucky. At least we can wait for the results together. I will take your advice and take something before hand. I just get so worked up before hand. The last time I had the colpo, he numbed my cervix so I was unable to feel the pinch. Although I did feel the *****ing of the needle to numbe me. I'm just sick of having to go through this and worry constantly. It helps to know that there are other women out there that I can talk to.

Old 04-10-2006, 04:20 PM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

I agree, it's a pain to have to keep going through this. It feels like as soon as you relax, it comes back and you need another procedure and need to spend another week waiting for results.

Also, I get really anxious beforehand, too. It's hard not to, when you're having stuff done to a really sensitive part of your body. My doctor's pretty emotionally detached, too, which doesn't help. She could stand to be a little more compassionate and warm. How is yours?

This may sound weird, but I brought my boyfriend in with me for the colpo both times to hold my hand. I don't know if you feel comfortable bringing someone in with you, but it's something to think about if you think it might help you feel better. For me, it's just nice to have someone I care about there with me and he helps me calm down.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #22
(female)

SLJ16 HB User

Timber-I have a man Doctor. He's my mom's as well. She insists that I go to him because he treated her for breast cancer. He actually caught it in time. I think he's a great man, but sometimes I feel rather embarrassed, especially about the HPV part.
I too get really worked up and upset beforehand. I can't think about anything else except the procedure. And you are so right!!! As soon as i'm calm and think things are going well, i have to have another procedure.
I don't know about bringing in my boyfriend. that might make me more nervous. I brought him the last time. He waited in the waiting room with me, but I feel like I was more nervous with him there so I told him to wait in the car! ha.
I think i'm mostly embarrassed about the HPV part. I know its common, but it haunts me. I really want to get to the point where I have normal paps!
If you don't mind me asking how old are you? I"m 26. And I think you said you had HPV too right?

Closed Thread