It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2006, 07:23 AM   #1
(female)

Clencher HB User
Question Did my cyst burst?

Last night I had a pain on the side my cyst is on. It wasn't a sharp piercing pain. It was more like a muscle cramp, like you would get in your leg. I have had this twice before I even knew I had a cyst. Today, it is sorta sore in that area, but not so much down low in my pelvic area more like just below my waist. I've gained a lot of weight in my stomach over the past 3 months so I'm not a really big person, but my stomach is bigger then it ever was before. As for my history, I've posted on here before, but just in case some don't know, I had a hysterectomy 2 years ago. Just recently they found a 5x6 cyst on my only remaining ovary (right side). Two weeks ago a transvaginal sono showed it had shrank a little to a 4x3.5 cyst. I'm wondering now if it didn't burst last night. The pain didn't last that long, but I had to just sorta breath through it for maybe a minute or so. What do you guys think? I had been feeling nauseated for like the past 2 weeks, but today it doesn't seem as bad. I go back to the doctor this coming Friday.

Old 04-03-2006, 06:54 AM   #2
(female)

Clencher HB User
Question Re: Did my cyst burst?

I am still concerned that my cyst could have ruptured or has grown. I am having a pinching, burning sensation in the groan area on the right side. It is not unbearable, but it is a little uncomfortable. I go back to the doctor Friday. What do you guys think? Did it ruture?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2006, 07:38 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

deinee HB User
Re: Did my cyst burst?

Hi,
I have been fighting ovarian cysts too for several months. Sometimes the discomfort will get stronger for several days, then I don't feel anything for several more days. The pain keeps changing sides too. The cyst the found on U/S in Nov. was on the left side but my pain was on the right. I guess it's possible your cyst did rupture, but it will take awhile for the fluid to absorb into your system. Unless the pain becomes too bad, see what your doctor says at the end of the week. They will probably repeat the U/S. I give up worrying about the cysts. I guess at my age 51, I will have to put up with them until I finally reach menopause. Good luck.

Old 05-03-2006, 06:06 PM   #4
(female)

erica84 HB User
Re: Did my cyst burst?

I had a cyst rupture and here is how my story went:

Day 1 (evening) had pain in my abdomen that felt like really bad period cramps.

Day 2 (morning) the pain was more like someone was poking me where my right ovary was. Very uncomfortable, but I could still function. By noon, I couldn't walk. The pain was so severe it felt like someone had stabbed me with a knife. I immediately went to the ER. The doctor poked me one time and quickly told me that it was a ruptured cyst. I had a transvaginal ultrasound done and it confirmed that the cyst had ruptured. The doctor told me that all he could do at this point was give me medication to help with the pain.

Day 3, stabbing pain was less and there was more of a burning sensation throughout my entire abdomen. I called the doctor and he said that this was normal because of the size of the cyst (He just said relatively large) and the fact that the puss and blood inside the cyst was now inside by abdominal cavity. He said that this would dissipate over the next several days.

After that, the pain gradually decreased and I went back to work about a week later. I had to mostly stay in bed for at least 3 days because of the severe pain when I would use my abdominal muscles.

So, yes, there is blood in a cyst that will cause pain and burning. My guess is that if your cyst is that large, there would be NO doubt in your mind as to whether it had ruptured. I initially thought mine was appendicitis, it hurt THAT much.

So, I would definitely talk to your doctor about it. Perhaps they can just remove that baby before it causes you problems like I had.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.

Closed Thread