It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 09:38 AM   #1
(female)

HIM HB User
Red face Post LEEP-Should I be worried?

On the 23rd of March I had the LEEP procedure done. Everything went well from what they told me, and really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Now, they told me about the discharge that I would have, and what to expect and not to use tampons, douche, or have intercourse for four weeks. Also they told me that the discharge should get less and less each day. It has been 10 days since the surgery now. At first I had mostly a clear discharge with a tinge of tan, and the icky stuff. No blood at all. Now, it's A LOT more, darker tan, specs of black, and now it looks like there is blood mixed in. I have been wearing panty liners and the last few days I have to change it more and more...it even leaked over one day. I have been getting sudden sharp pains in the area, and some days a dull ache. It also feels swollen. Kinda like a bloated feeling. Is this normal? Should I call my doctor? He didn't schedule a follow-up til four weeks later.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:57 AM   #2
(female)

Beeston HB User
Re: Post LEEP-Should I be worried?

Think it got lost in translation but is the LEEP procedure, laser treatment for abnormal cervical cells?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #3
(female)

HIM HB User

yes, that is what it is for...
Loop Electrosurgical Excision Procedure

Old 04-04-2006, 10:27 AM   #4
(female)

Beeston HB User

Sounds same as I had about 15 years ago.

If I remember correctly the first couple of weeks weren't too bad but then awful scorched pieces of skin/discharge started coming away, I know this sounds gross but it is true. I am concerned however about the abdominal pain which you said you have had, I don't recall getting any pain or bloating. I'd defo check it out with your doc.

Old 04-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #5
(female)

cincbcat HB User

If you are concerned, I would call your Dr. and at least try to speak with a nurse and describe your symptoms. You might have caught an infection after the LEEP. I have had 2 LEEP's and never had any pain 10 days later, but I did have nasty discharge for weeks on end, including black stuff and dried blood and even red blood. Best thing to do is set your mind at ease and call your Dr. Good luck!

Old 04-05-2006, 09:11 AM   #6
(female)

HIM HB User

thank you everyone for responding. i called the doctor because today i started bleeding A LOT. i got so freaked out, without thinking at all, i called the dr. they said that this is most likely my period. they said it can come earlier or later after having the leep procedure done. it is much earlier. that would explain the cramping too! they said to call if i get a fever, or get really dizzy or faint. i had some waves of intense pain, didn't much feel like normal cramps, but perhaps the area is all sensitive? not sure. but so far i feel ok. thanks again everyone.

Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 AM   #7
(female)

HIM HB User
don't know what to think now

ok, i started bleeding yesterday... bled for a couple hours then it completely stopped! now it's just back to the normal discharge. what's going on here? is this normal? should i call doc back?

Old 04-06-2006, 09:57 AM   #8
(female)

kitkatD HB User

Don't know what to tell you. I want to say yes, but then again I am going through the same thing! Who knows?

Closed Thread