It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2006, 07:10 PM   #1
(female)

kitkatD HB User
Cervical Stenosis

My NP said I had this, but didn't seem concerned. I was supposed to start my period today, but so far I only have post-LEEP spotting. How will I know the difference between the spotting & my actual period? How serious is stenosis? I am guessing this is pretty common? Anyone dealing with this?

Old 04-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #2
(female)

kitkatD HB User
Re: Cervical Stenosis

Just to update, I think I got my period, so that is a RELIEF! I think I only have partial cervical stenosis. My relative (OB/GYN) said that you will usually know if you have a complete cervical stenosis because your period will not come out & it will be very painful. This is typically around 2-4 mos. post-conization. So, there you have it. I am hoping I heal all right & that the scar tissue doesn't heal over the entire os, but from what my BIL said, it is easy to fix. Oh, & if you get a lot of scarring from the LEEP, it can be very difficult to interpret future colpos. So, just an FYI, it is very rare to have a complete stenosis. Plus, stenosis tends to happen more with DEEP conings!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #3
(female)

kitkatD HB User

Ok, I know I'm responding to myself, LOL, but I had a one day period & today, nothing! I am 3 weeks post-LEEP. I get maybe a smudge when I wipe, but that's it! I know I have a partial stenosis, but do you think the menstrual flow could have clotted the opening? Is that possible??

Old 04-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

Hey kitkat, how are you feeling now? I'm hoping things got going for you? I think the LEEP also messes with our cycles a bit, wonder if that might be happening? I hope you are feeling better.

Karen

Old 04-12-2006, 07:03 PM   #5
(female)

kitkatD HB User

Hey Karen, I'm doing well. Thanks for asking. I am hoping my cycles go back to normal. That first was so funky! Hope you are doing well, too!

Old 05-10-2006, 10:17 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

kitkat - have you found out anything more about the stenosis? How are you feeling?

Old 06-05-2007, 09:47 AM   #7
(female)

DreamingTree5 HB User
Post Re: Cervical Stenosis

Totally new to this posting and replying thing, but saw the conversation going on a few months ago, and wanted to send in my two cents.

I had my LEEP done on April 19, it was the scariest morning, but fortunately for me I had the most amazing doctor! He made the entire situation seem like it was as simple as a pap smear. The shot was the only uncomfortable part for me.

For anyone who is a first timer, read a lot of other people's postings and do a lot of your own research. It wasn't until I figured out how my doctor was going to do this did I feel comfortable with it. It was nice for me, cause I slightly upstaged my doctor when he was describing it to me in front of his nurse.

It's been about a month and half since my procedure, and I'm 3 weeks late for my period. I had the pregnancy scare, but after taking 4 tests and failing them all (whew!) I called my doctor. They of course did more tests (and I failed those too ) and then my doctor had me lie down for an exam. He couldn't get anything through my cervix to check things out, so I had to call my OBGYN again and talk to them.

Turns out my cervix is basically closed shut... so I feel your pain about this whole cervical stenosis thing. Unfortunatly, I can't see my OBGYN for another week, and I've been dealing with the cramping and pain for almost a week already. From what I've been told, and I'm in the middle of my research, all they have to do to fix this "problem" is dilate my cervix!

I was always one of those children who rarely got sick... and now I get to deal with all of this. At first it is a MAJOR shock, but getting on here and reading other people's stories about the same thing makes me feel better about my situation. Now if only I could have a period! (You'll never hear me say that again!)

Old 06-13-2007, 11:28 PM   #8
(female)

~sunny~ HB User

Knowing this is an older post I wanted to add my 2 cents also....
I had my Leep in June 06 and waited for the 3 month re-pap to stop taking my depo & start TTC. At the 6 month re-pap I mentioned that I had not had a period and had not gotten pregnant. Mu OBGYN said it was probably normal due to the depo, but there was a rare change there could be some scar tissue closing the cervix. On exam the cervix was completely closed. She pushed through the scar tissue which was very painful. She still felt I had not had a period as it would have caued major pain if it could not be expelled. I was started on the patch to get things regulated but still had no period. Another 3 month down the road on exam the cervix was closed, she was able to dialate it with less pain then the 1st time I was put on stong BCP's and had my 1st period in 3 years!! A few days ago I was coming to the end of the 2nd pill pack and decided we were ready to TTC this next month. I had some minor cramping over the weekend..AF was on her way! I was awoke early Monday with severe cramping, like labor pains and no AF. After a few hours I went into the ER. After a long wait the pain diminished and the md said probably just regular cramps!! AFnever arrived, I went into my OB-GYN today where she found a thin layer of scare tissue closing the cervix with a uterus filled with blood probably from AF!

We will play it by ear and hope for a BFP. In my own research I have found there is a stent that can be place to keep the tissue open. It appears it is most often used immediate post LEEP or Cone, not several months later. It seems for me the dialation only last from 30-60 days and your body will tell you if there is blood in the cervix that should not be there!

Good Luck

Closed Thread